100,000 mile service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't believe that i was charged a penny for the 100,000 mile inspection
I just wanted to keep the Lifetime Extended Warranty firmly intact

I happened to be in for a normal service, oil & filter change & i always took my own Mobile One oil & Fram oil filter to the dealer & had them service that 2009 Dodge Ram 1500

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer wanted more than $2500 for the 100,000 mile inspection/service. Told me that included the following: All fluids (both differentials, radiator, transfer case, transmission, oil), all filters, flush, injector cleaning, spark plugs, tire rotation, brakes, etc., and labor. Told them to get bent (in a nicer way). Did have them do the injectors - though they were honest and said some customers prefer the gas add-in and it was up to me. Also had them do the oil (@ $22.50 out the door, I can't do it cheaper) and the cabin filter and engine air filter (easy stuff, sure, but also not really any more expensive than doing it myself). I can do everything else over a two or three hour weekend - for about $300-$400 if I go with good spark plugs and full syn on all the oils. I also think, that in the US, a dealer can't deny a warranty claim if you do your own maintenance, provided you have receipts for non-performance type parts (that is, no race-car parts, breather, etc.). Might be different for an extended warranty, but I don't think it is. Any automotive law experts (as in, you actually have a degree... not "self-taught") here?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you have the ZF 8 transmission, i believe the dealership charges around $400 to service it.

Do it yourselvers are buying an aftermarket pan that has a changeable filter.