100 K makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The driver side seat cushion was completely shot. I was tired of the frame intruding into my comfort zones. It was time to fix this literal P.I.T.A. I will try to find and paste info on where I got the cushion and covers.

So, some lessons learned:
1. I can actually replace a seat cushion in a truck.
2. Wear gloves, decent surgical gloves would be ideal, protect your fingers while pushing, pulling, and shoving them between cushions. There is sharp stuff everywhere - be careful.
3. I was not happy with the fit of the center console covers. Maybe not a lesson learned but a convenient place to insert a rant.
4. The electrical connections are fairly easy to get to. Just remember to pull the locking piece out - It's the red part on my connectors.

Anyway, the the removal, stripping, installation, and covering went without a hitch. I removed the seat (4x10mm nuts holding the upper part to the rails) and 2 electrical connectors and that was just the ticket. You could apply the covers with the seat installed but I have my doubts about the cushion. With the seat out removal and installation of the original seat cover is a snap.

seatbottomcushion.jpg

(Above) I was introduced to a place on my truck I never think about. For good reason, it was kinda nasty under there. Anyway, Take a few seconds and locate the clips attached to the fabric and carefully pry them off. A flat screwdriver works.

seatbottom.jpg

You can see those clips here.

sidebyside.jpg

Old and new cushions. There is a velcro strip on the cushion that sticks to the seat cover. I totally forgot about it :( Since I planned to cover the seat anyway it wasn't a deal breaker.

seatscovered.jpg

Did I mention that I wasn't happy with the way the center console looks? I think I will have to back at it and tweak fabric around. Just more time. Also, the elastic straps that hold up the seatback cover are junk. FYI & IMO.

Your backside will thank you.

CarParts.com -> Seat Cover P/N C37CSC2A1DG7162 fits my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NPOLQE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JoeRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking work. How long did the whole job take you?

Focker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Nice write up.

I recently did this on my '09, but I was able to swap out the cushions without removing the seat.

I got my cushion off of Amazon from The Seat Shop. It's great quality $125.