15% ethanol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Climate change does happen. The truth is, climate change has been happening since the beginning of time on this planet. The current debate is what causes it, and whether or how much is caused by human activity. There are scientists on both sides of the political argument about that, and lots of places online to vent about it. But this forum isn't one of those places.
It's not that it happens or not, it's the rate that it is happening. If you believe what's happening now to be a part of the natural cycle of the planet, you're delusional.

And there is absolutely nothing political about that.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
In Canada only Petro Canada has 94 octane that
has NO Ethanol .94 is only good for Rams tuned for
LIVE LONG AND PROPER
Mike Huntley
hate to be the one to break it to ya bud

it used to be that the petro Canadas with no 94 had 91 non ethanol but they make no more mention of it on the website
94 has always been ethanol
shell 91 always ethanol free

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-092058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-092058_Chrome.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Some groups claim that cow farts caused the climate change

In San Diego they just passed a law, it states all food that is tossed, whether it is spoiled from non use or cooked food that was not eaten, or scraps, must be put in a separate GREEN bin,
so now we have a trash bin & compositable bin
That is going to stink something terrible & you can't wrap the garbage in plastic to hold the smell in somewhat

When i worked for the State of California, one of my jobs was to pick up animals that been hit by vehicle, if i found one that was more than a day old, i would pour a cup of bleach on it to kill the stench.

We did not do that with Deer, Deer went into 55 gallon barrels & were frozen, then taken up to the Wolf habitat

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I couldn't live where I was told which receptacle to put which trash into. If I throw away any food I make sure it's wrapped tightly in a plastic garbage bag to keep things from smelling. Other than that everything goes into the same bin. We would have to drive an hour to get to the nearest recycling center. Call me a bad person, but I'm not taking on that additional expense just to throw garbage away. I pay enough for my garbage service without adding a weekly two hour drive with my truck full of recyclables.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just call it nature. Back in '73 when I was in the 7th grade my science teacher use to tell us we were headed back to the ice ages. Then Al Gore invented the internet and we was headed to global warming. That didn't work so now it's climate change. God only knows what's next. Just live and do your best cause the drama is going to be made to fit the agenda of the day. Right now it's Chicken Little story, The Sky Is Falling!

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I just call it nature. Back in '73 when I was in the 7th grade my science teacher use to tell us we were headed back to the ice ages. Then Al Gore invented the internet and we was headed to global warming. That didn't work so now it's climate change. God only knows what's next. Just live and do your best cause the drama is going to be made to fit the agenda of the day. Right now it's Chicken Little story, The Sky Is Falling!
I remember the ice age scare. Which I have to say was more concerning than global warming because we were always told the dinasors were wiped out by an ice age. Never been told global warming killed off anything lol.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do any of you old farts remember when paper bags were destroying our forests and plastic was the only way to go? Laws passed nationwide making stores go to plastic. Boy did that backfire.

Yeah, the old paper bags were 'recycled'. That became the kitchen garbage bag. And guess who job it was to empty the garbage it when it was full and oozing.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
As a youngster in Connecticut, living on the dairy farm
Each day we got up before daylight & milked the cows, then we had breakfast. Then some of us went back to the barn carrying garbage, it was tossed on the manure pile or in the manure spreader, then we shoveled out the manure in the barn & in the milk parlor someone had to wash the milking equipment, while someone else was using a tractor to pull the manure spreader out to the fields.
Flies were kept to a minimum that way.
We had to drive about 10 to 15 miles to go to the dump, we hardly had anything that went to the dump

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Each day we got up before daylight & milked the cows, then we had breakfast. Then some of us went back to the barn carrying garbage, it was tossed on the manure pile or in the manure spreader, then we shoveled out the manure in the barn & in the milk parlor someone had to wash the milking equipment, while someone else was using a tractor to pull the manure spreader out to the fields.
We had to drive about 10 to 15 miles to go to the dump, we hardly had anything that went to the dump
You just described a months worth of work for today's crowd! LOL

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a good story, one that helps to change my perception of everything above the Mason-Dixon Line as being one big NYC. It’s good to hear that there’s normal folks up there. Is it safe to assume that everyone from up North thinks everyone down here plays banjo, wears overalls and chews tobacco? Lol. I’m a Grizzly user but I don’t wear overalls and my banjo needs the bridge fixed……….

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Nope, @tidefan1967 - lots of us are from the farm or a generation removed when the big corporations bought them up, including me. Biggest corn producer used to be Illinois, yet people only see 'Chicago'. Grandpa was a corporate farm manager there. Up here we're trying to get back to farm fresh food model - a lady started a website to connect small farms and consumers....it's great!!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What's Mason-Dixon line, and how far West does it extend? :p
:p :p

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have only been to Washington DC for a 2 day school trip, ( magazine sales type thing )
Then i was in Jacksonville Florida for 4 or 5 months, during Aviation Ordinance 'A' School
I did not have vehicle, so i rode a bus into Jax, all i remember in town was going to a Cubby Checker Concert & the Rexall store that had a restaurant inside of it.
So mostly i stayed on the base, it was more interesting & i did not have to worry about the overly friendly guys that were all over Jax

If i had to pick a place where life was easy going & fun, it would be Texarkana Arkansas
I am just as happy to be in San Diego County, where i am, just wish i had moved here sooner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.