18" Wheels VS 20" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey guys, I'm looking to get new tires and wheels. I want to get 35" Goodyear Duratracs but I don't know what size of wheels to buy. The ones I picked out are XD Monster Chrome 778's with a -12mm offset. What I'm trying to do is get the lightest weight combo I can (to help save some fuel). Which combo would be lighter? Thanks!

colby81888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just get what you think looks best. IMO I like the 20s. I have stock 20s but run 35x12.50 cooper discover STT. If your worried about gas, I wouldnt get 35s, youre just going to want to lift it again and get 37s. :)

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Owns a Ram and wants to save fuel hahaha... Sorry, thats pretty funny.

go BIG or... well you get the hint.

I don't get what's funny? I think both combos look great, if you like them both then why not go for the one that gets maybe 1mpg better? I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what was lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't get what's funny? I think both combos look great, if you like them both then why not go for the one that gets maybe 1mpg better? I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what was lighter.

You are asking someone to do the work for you. Go look up the tire weight sizes on the Tirerack website. Also you, ye, you need to do the work on the rim (wheel) weights, too.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You are asking someone to do the work for you. Go look up the tire weight sizes on the Tirerack website. Also you, ye, you need to do the work on the rim (wheel) weights, too.

I looked at both the website for Goodyear duratracs, and XD's website. Neither said anything about weights. Is it really so wrong for me to ask a question? I don't know why everyone has to jump all over me. I'm new at this, I don't know all the answers..I just I hoped someone could lend me a hand.

dedogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea about the weight, but you might want to call tire rack or a place like that and talk to them. I am sure they get calls or emails like this quiet often. Hope this helps....

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have no idea about the weight, but you might want to call tire rack or a place like that and talk to them. I am sure they get calls or emails like this quiet often. Hope this helps....

yeah I'll try that, thanks