19 1500 classic tradesmen seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What would be my best bet to replace the cloth seats.My wife hates the headrests and they have no bells or whistles.We tried to bend them and the tricks didn’t change anything.IMG_2466.jpeg

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What would be my best bet to replace the cloth seats.My wife hates the headrests and they have no bells or whistles.We tried to bend them and the tricks didn’t change anything.View attachment 543569

If it’s just the headrests turn them around backwards. If you turn them around and switch the driver and passenger side they will retain the position locking detents in the correct spot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
with my 2016 Ram, i switched the front headrests
& completely removed the rear head rests

The rears make your interior mirror almost worthless

The fronts push on my head & they become a major distraction

The fronts should be cupped, to fit the shape of your head, if the head rests have to be tilted forward

There are too many NANNY devices in todays RAMs
& they don't seem to care about thievery

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
with my 2016 Ram, i switched the front headrests
& completely removed the rear head rests

The rears make your interior mirror almost worthless

The fronts push on my head & they become a major distraction

The fronts should be cupped, to fit the shape of your head, if the head rests have to be tilted forward

There are too many NANNY devices in todays RAMs
& they don't seem to care about thievery
There was some point in the past 15 years or so where headrests were removed as being part of a vehicle and head restraints took there place. My Ram doesn't bother me that much but driving my Wife's Pacifica is like having a child on an airplane smack you in the head by kicking the seat every time you hit a bump.

Last edited: