1981 Dodge W150 Club Cab short box 360

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking where I can buy a heater control cable. I only have the one cable that moves the temp from cold to warm as I have AC. The cable broke on me tonight. I just bought this truck recently and it had been sitting in a field for 18 years. I finially got it started and going through everything to make it road worthy. When I went to move the temp control it was stuck, so I took as much as I dared apart and lubed everything up. I see where rhe cable runs to some kind of rod that is in a hvac box. But when I went to move the temp control switch it snapped at the lever. And I could see that nothing was moving before on the rode that goes into the HVAC box. So I don’t know if it was the cable that was siezed and then finially broke with too much pressure when I was trying to slide it to the warm setting. Or if there is something else siezed in the air box. Some kind of clapper or control valve.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I have only been able to find them in parts trucks (used).

Things like to seize up. Penetrating oil, and try to move the linkage directly at the heater box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat