1996 dodge heater /ac control replacement assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsmjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Engine
diesel
i have a 1996 dodge ram 2500 diesel that i need to replace the heater/ac control assembly on the dash .the original unit has oil contamination from the vacuum system that originates from the vacuum pump and oil that leaked by and into the vacuum system .there was a recall for this year but my truck didn't fall into the vin from dodge .when the system gets contaminated the vacuum pump need to be rebuilt, all vacuum lines need to be replaced including vacuum diaphragms heater control assembly with vacuum harness. this ac/heater control is not anywhere to be purchased new from a aftermarket manufacture company. i even looked into a kit to rebuild the vacuum switch itself but no results someone has to have found a way to fix or replace this switch assembly either by possibly reconfiguring a 1998 unit to work?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have a 1996 dodge ram 2500 diesel that i need to replace the heater/ac control assembly on the dash .the original unit has oil contamination from the vacuum system that originates from the vacuum pump and oil that leaked by and into the vacuum system .there was a recall for this year but my truck didn't fall into the vin from dodge .when the system gets contaminated the vacuum pump need to be rebuilt, all vacuum lines need to be replaced including vacuum diaphragms heater control assembly with vacuum harness. this ac/heater control is not anywhere to be purchased new from a aftermarket manufacture company. i even looked into a kit to rebuild the vacuum switch itself but no results someone has to have found a way to fix or replace this switch assembly either by possibly reconfiguring a 1998 unit to work?
Your best best to locate a good, working HVAC Control Head is either eBay or your local salvage yard. You may have some luck with LKQ too. I'd give LKQ a call and talk to their parts counter to see if they can locate one for you in their inventory.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
What's LKQ stand far.
I worked for Chrysler & A dodge diesel dealership & I never hear of that recall . I was a servive advisor .
. I worked from 99 until 2007 SO I should of ran into that recall.
As we worked on 100 diesel pickups a week..
.. But I'll say call several dealer/ service departments & give them you last name you mileage & your vin number have it all . They may jack with you saying they can't get it from on 6 or 8 or 9 numbers . Have them run it & tell them you'll come by to pick up the report saying it doesn't have a recall on it .
A LOT OF STEALERSHIPS JUST DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH HELPING YOU ON A TOUGH REPAIR .
YES LOOK ON EBAY .