1A Trail Ridge mirrors small issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So my son installed his tow mirrors the other day. Mirrors look great and everything works. The only issue he ran into was the drivers side mirror the black plug had a 'guide' in the wrong place and the plug would not go in. He had to use a utility knife to trim that tab off. Anyone else have this issue? Everything works fine and it only took him a few minutes for the modification. The passenger side plugs worked fine.

I will probably be buying a set soon so was curious if this is a 'normal' issue or an anomaly?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So my son installed his tow mirrors the other day. Mirrors look great and everything works. The only issue he ran into was the drivers side mirror the black plug had a 'guide' in the wrong place and the plug would not go in. He had to use a utility knife to trim that tab off. Anyone else have this issue? Everything works fine and it only took him a few minutes for the modification. The passenger side plugs worked fine.

I will probably be buying a set soon so was curious if this is a 'normal' issue or an anomaly?
The most recent set of trail ridges that I bought were like this. I just swapped the black connector covers from my previous mirrors to the new mirrors. The connector covers just slide off the connector sideways. Here’s a pic I have of the white one for an example- dTD8lrI.jpg

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Good to know. Only problem then is selling the old mirrors then you have to disclose that the plug needs modified, which will scare many potential buyers away. No big issue like this. I will just trim away the piece like my son did when I get mine.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the new Trail Ridge mirrors and brackets today and got them installed just now. Old mirrors are already sold. Oddly the plugs on these mirrors were the same as mine so I didn't have to change anything on these. Everything works perfectly. Ordered the brackets from @AllMoparParts.com. Ordered everything Tuesday morning and got it all today

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
Got the new Trail Ridge mirrors and brackets today and got them installed just now. Old mirrors are already sold. Oddly the plugs on these mirrors were the same as mine so I didn't have to change anything on these. Everything works perfectly. Ordered the brackets from @AllMoparParts.com. Ordered everything Tuesday morning and got it all today

I just installed them on the spousal unit's 2014, and I had to trim down the key as well. I'm guessing they just had a batch go out with the wrong plug cap.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I had to trim the tab off too. No big deal, took 20 seconds.

17crewram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to trim down the tab on the passenger side of mine. 30 seconds with a utility knife.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yep. my son's had the wrong plug but 30 seconds with a utility knife and it was fixed. mine was fine. he actually got his mirrors about 2 months ago but didn't get to put them on until about a week or so ago so his were probably made/assembled awhile before mine

Sir Ram-It

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No problem with mine, except the passenger door side turn signal didn’t work. I called them, and 1A Auto sent me a brand new set and told me to keep the old ones I had already installed too. Great service! Love them. They new mirrors work great. Moose mirrors up!

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't flipped mine up yet other than when I installed them to make sure everything worked but I haven't towed with mine since I installed them and certainly won't drive around with them up just for the sake of having them up...lol. They do look pretty ridiculous up but hey...gotta have them for the big trailers