1st Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Hey everyone. Just bought my first RAM. It's a 2024 1500 crew cab Bighorn night edition with the 5.7 Hemi etorque. Is anyone else experiencing a severe vibration at highway speed? The dealership told me that Chrysler mandates the vehicle be driven for 1,000 miles and issue will self correct. Seems sketchy.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats on the new RAM purchase! Sorry it's not going so well.

How severe of a vibration are you talking here? Something bad enough to get on camera?

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. Just bought my first RAM. It's a 2024 1500 crew cab Bighorn night edition with the 5.7 Hemi etorque. Is anyone else experiencing a severe vibration at highway speed? The dealership told me that Chrysler mandates the vehicle be driven for 1,000 miles and issue will self correct. Seems sketchy.
Have you driven another to see if it replicates the vibration? I would go back and raise hell. It’s a new vehicle! Shouldn’t have any vibration!

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I took video of the steering wheel at speed. Seems like my camera hand was shaking in sync with the truck so the video doesn't look as bad as it feels.

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Have you driven another to see if it replicates the vibration? I would go back and raise hell. It’s a new vehicle! Shouldn’t have any vibration!
They gave me the same vehicle as a loaner while they checked alignment and that truck drove smoothly

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They gave me the same vehicle as a loaner while they checked alignment and that truck drove smoothly
Dude… I would tell them 1: they either fix the problem NOW or 2: they give you a new truck. Do not wait 1000 miles for the truck to magically “fix itself”

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I have documented everything that has happened with the dealership with names, dates and times. Also had them put in writing that Chrysler mandates the 1000 miles.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you taken the truck to a different dealer?

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have documented everything that has happened with the dealership with names, dates and times. Also had them put in writing that Chrysler mandates the 1000 miles.
seems like it can be a lemon

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I sure hope not. I worked hard to get my first new vehicle. At age 53.

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
If you can replicate the issue easily, I think you should go to a different dealer and ask a tech or the service manager to take a ride with you.
I will try and get them to go for a ride. The issue will definitely replicate itself once I'm over 60mph

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That dealer is full of something. May want to look for a different dealer as you are Not tied to this particular one. That is a hell of a way to start a relationship with a new customer , feed them lies. I would be certain to give them what they deserve on their customer satisfaction survey ,if that is still a thing.

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
That dealer is full of something. May want to look for a different dealer as you are Not tied to this particular one. That is a hell of a way to start a relationship with a new customer , feed them lies. I would be certain to give them what they deserve on their customer satisfaction survey ,if that is still a thing.
I'm not doing the survey until I see how this pans out

OP
OP
J

J_Smiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I have definitely made them aware of how I feel about the situation.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L

I second that!