2,000mi...Smash and Grab..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Used safelite for my front windshield. They used OEM and I have a limited with auto high beams and rain sensing wipers...all continues to work without issue after the install. Did the service where they come out to the house too.

A side window should be even easier because it is just attached to the rails, track, and a motor. The side window doesn't require any cutting of old adhesive or re-sealant. The door panels on these Rams are VERY easy to take off. Once it's fixed and replaced after a while you will forget that the window was ever broken.

Wow!! Crazy how they popped that up!!

Yea I almost debated just leaving it unlocked because I knew they wouldn’t get anything out of the vehicle.

It’s weird though how my brain somehow knew **** was gonna go down before it did. On the way to the Colosseum I couldn’t remembered if I locked my doors but I felt that I did our of habit like I always do and then in the concert I was debating leaving around 10:00 because I was tired from the workday and drive and then 30 minutes later that’s when it all went down. Call it what you want but I’ve had these gut feelings for years and always ignore em, maybe I should listen to myself lol.

I got a tarp slammed in the door to keep it covered but with the snow coming tomorrow I’m gonna have to get some vinyl and auto masking tape on my way home tonight and do that as a solid under layer I think because there’s a small corner near the side mirror where wind lifts it open and it’s exposed. Don’t want a snow like in there.. I guess at least it’s not summer or there would be nests and bugs in there already.. I’ll slam the tarp back in after vinyling it up I guess.

Not sure how safelite is, never used them before, but hope if they do have OEM the installation is similar to factory...but I’m sure it’ll never be the same [emoji24]

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that!! Feel more confident now.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LOL @ tons of led that needs rotation
Never heard that one BUT LOVE it and agree

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Sorry to hear about this ! Friggin **** bags steal anything ! The video shows the plate,m were you able to read it ? Good luck glad your getting it fixed for the deductible

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Not sure where this happened at but I had a friend had his Mustang broken in down here and his insurance company told him they don't cover that he'd have to do it under his renters your homeowner insurance policy I wonder if they were bs-ing himor that's a Florida thing

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Right I wish it was like the Wild West days so we can put mofos in their place when they deserve it.

I can guess the plate a couple different combinations, so I’m sure they’ll run all of them and see what sticks with the vehicle description. I don’t got the software they got to get it right 100% though, but either way they still haven’t contacted me!!! Just goes to show how little of a priority city’s take break ins even when I got the whole case for them couldn’t get any easier. Pathetic. That’s why we give up on law enforcement, many times I’ve been through situations where you need them and they’re never there for you and of course you can’t take matters in to your own hands or you’re done for life!!

As for your friend I’m assuming if it happened on his property then yes probably his home owners. I got the same insurer for both of mine. If it was elsewhere this happened, if he was missing something then I can see them wanting it through homeowners as well because it’s personal property items, but if it was just property damage, I.e, vandalism breaking in to vehicle and nothing missing, that doesn’t make sense to me; but like you said Florida could be different.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
You'd think the simple fact that the firearms were stolen from the guy next to you would place this at a higher priority... Like I posted on your YouTube, a mix of Karma and Darwin's theory of evolution will eventually catch up to these idiots, when the owner of a vehicle (who is a supporter of the 2nd amendment) stumbles upon them rifling through his/her hard earned property.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watching this kind of stuff makes my blood boil. I hope those D bags are caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What safe did you have? He needed the knife and said this “***** ain’t coming off”.

Marusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
The loss is reported on your "CLUE" report and it is up to other insurers whether to raise your rates based on this loss, despite the protection to your auto insurance. When I once had a GEICO Mechanical Breakdown option on my F150 (a warranty) I found that my repairs were on the CLUE report, not characterized as warranty service, but as "other claims". Remember also that just discussing a possible claim with an agent can generate a negative report in states that do not prohibit this behavior.

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems that nobody respects others property anymore.

SnowDogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still a brand new truck 2,000 miles. Go to Richmond, VA for some fun. Come out to my truck window smashed and a truck next to me as well.

Got dash cam footage. Absolute retard crooks I won’t even get in to all their stupidity.

Guess we’ll see how insurance plays. I had a tinted window and there’s scratches inside and outside the vehicle but honestly if insurance is gonna make my rate go up guess I’ll buy new window and tint out of pocket and buff the scratches myself maybe? Good to know insurance proves to be worthless YET AGAIN when it’s needed...at least that’s what I feel if my rates go up. We’ll see tomorrow...

Moral of the story: stop trying to enjoy life and have fun [emoji25]

Hate Thieves! Had the same thing happen to me at a parking garage, first spot, under a light right by the elevator. Lucked out in that all they got was my gym bag with stinky clothes!:bleh:
Worse was it started raining the next day so had to plastic it up.

I found an exact replacement on ebay for $60 and it was easy to replace. Less than an insurance deductible.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Right, I totally agree Johny Mac, unless maybe the other guy has been contacted by an investigator and he gave them the youtube link, but he hasn't said a single thing to me in days... Just goes to show how cities prioritize and your average day citizens lose hope in the system helping them...

I fully agree with ya, it'll come back to them for sure. They obviously aren't the smartest crooks. Yep coming out of a concert I was disarmed, and they apparently sounded like had a knife and the other guy found a .380 so it would have definitely been a shootout. Unfortunately though, unless you get shot or almost stabbed first, the system is ruling in favor of the crooks and you're gonna spend time in jail and lose your firearm and possibly end up with a criminal record while losing your job. Same reason we see so many cops getting shot and fellow military people say the same thing; there's so much paperwork and discipline if you even draw your firearm it's not even worth it those split seconds you debate pulling it or not are usually when you get shot. Sad and disgusting but thank the broken system for it.

Yep we all say the same thing boils are blood. Yea I don't think the safe would budge even with crowbar because it doesn't fit! Screwdriver too weak too.

What's a "CLUE" report? Never heard of that before. You say other insurers, so you mean if I were to switch to a new insurer they'd look at that "CLUE" report and probably have my rate raised based off the claim? How'd you find out what's on your CLUE report? Exactly I agree, thats why most things I've always fixed on my own never even inquiring because they'll make a note. Weird crazy thing is I called my insurance not too long before this happened to ask sort of a stupid question in regards to if a firearm is stolen, so maybe if one was stolen the outcome would have been different!

EXACTLY mmm!! Because there's no consequences these days!!! You can almost do anything you want and face such minimal charges!!! Until we go back to an eye for an eye, then this country is only gonna get worse. Or if you're in a bad neighborhood like the ghetto you can probably get away with shooting break in thieves, but good luck anywhere else. I can't even imagine the headache if one was to discharge a firearm in public these days especially in Richmond!! Honestly based off what the other guy who had his guns stolen told me, "TECHNICALLY" he should even face charges!! The cities have lost their minds! But the cop seemed to be on his side.

Wow, you would think you woulda been good there too! I usually park like at the top of parking garages, but not sure if thats good or bad...some have cameras up there though. We're truly not safe anywhere.

Next time I'll probably park somewhere and Uber in..no matter where I'm at VS parking garages and parking lots..

SO looks like Safelite and adjuster are coming down tomorrow to inspect my unlocked vehicle while I'm working.. Safelite's calling me in the morning to confirm and make sure they have OEM glass (if not I'll just have to wait), and the adjuster was telling me the insurance is gonna pick up everything, everything from the door chips to the dashboard and seat scratches will probably all be brand new according to him... so that'll be much longer without the vehicle and more chaos, but if all is true should be almost brand new again... Guess we'll see how this all goes. Maybe it'll be done in time for Christmas...

Also, question about Safelite and auto glass in general. Is there any way to tell if it's OEM or third party glass?

Thanks for the support guys.

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the exact same truck and with all the trouble I go through to keep it looking new inside and out I would be frigging livid. I hope they catch those ********. The dash and any plastic on the interior seems to scratch if you look at it the wrong way, I cant imagine the mess the broken window made of it all. I wish you the best possible outcome and I feel your pain. If I caught someone doing this to my truck I would be going to jail because id lose my f!!King mind.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A "CLUE report" stands for Claims Loss Underwriting Exchange and holds all the information about all claims you have ever filed in X number of years both auto and home. It's a service of LexisNexis and all insurance companies share all your claim info with each other so if you try to switch to a new company they already know about your prior claim history. You can get a copy of your report from Lexis but I don't remember if it costs or not.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That is the reason I have an alarm system in my truck, which among other things, monitors glass breakage. Hope you can recover from your pain soon.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Foreal bro!!! I spent like 3 hours the day before making sure outside and inside was spotless and perfect!!! We on same page man being in Richmond those no chance of ever seeing those losers again..for better and worse I guess...

Oh wow sweet man I didn’t know anything about that. I’m gonna look deeper in to that CLUE report. Totally makes sense though. Weird thing is how some companies are so much cheaper than others than with the same coverage options.

Yea I used to have LTE dash cam and sensors in old sports cars, but got rid of all that. I woulda THOUGHT the alarm woulda at least gone off but NOPE! Why type of alarm system do you have? I don’t really wanna hardwire anything besides just plug and play these days, the crazy wire modding days are behind me now haha.

Cruzman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Glass breakage doesn't get held against you. And has a much lower deductible than collision. You will be fine.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Figured I would jump in on the glass question.

OEM glass will say MOPAR in the lower right corner. Generally if you had OEM before hand they will use OEM as the replacement. Also they usually use OEM if the vehicle is new, one or two years old. This can vary by insurance but I know USAA requires OEM glass for vehicles up to 2 years old I think.

Right, I totally agree Johny Mac, unless maybe the other guy has been contacted by an investigator and he gave them the youtube link, but he hasn't said a single thing to me in days... Just goes to show how cities prioritize and your average day citizens lose hope in the system helping them...

I fully agree with ya, it'll come back to them for sure. They obviously aren't the smartest crooks. Yep coming out of a concert I was disarmed, and they apparently sounded like had a knife and the other guy found a .380 so it would have definitely been a shootout. Unfortunately though, unless you get shot or almost stabbed first, the system is ruling in favor of the crooks and you're gonna spend time in jail and lose your firearm and possibly end up with a criminal record while losing your job. Same reason we see so many cops getting shot and fellow military people say the same thing; there's so much paperwork and discipline if you even draw your firearm it's not even worth it those split seconds you debate pulling it or not are usually when you get shot. Sad and disgusting but thank the broken system for it.

Yep we all say the same thing boils are blood. Yea I don't think the safe would budge even with crowbar because it doesn't fit! Screwdriver too weak too.

What's a "CLUE" report? Never heard of that before. You say other insurers, so you mean if I were to switch to a new insurer they'd look at that "CLUE" report and probably have my rate raised based off the claim? How'd you find out what's on your CLUE report? Exactly I agree, thats why most things I've always fixed on my own never even inquiring because they'll make a note. Weird crazy thing is I called my insurance not too long before this happened to ask sort of a stupid question in regards to if a firearm is stolen, so maybe if one was stolen the outcome would have been different!

EXACTLY mmm!! Because there's no consequences these days!!! You can almost do anything you want and face such minimal charges!!! Until we go back to an eye for an eye, then this country is only gonna get worse. Or if you're in a bad neighborhood like the ghetto you can probably get away with shooting break in thieves, but good luck anywhere else. I can't even imagine the headache if one was to discharge a firearm in public these days especially in Richmond!! Honestly based off what the other guy who had his guns stolen told me, "TECHNICALLY" he should even face charges!! The cities have lost their minds! But the cop seemed to be on his side.

Wow, you would think you woulda been good there too! I usually park like at the top of parking garages, but not sure if thats good or bad...some have cameras up there though. We're truly not safe anywhere.

Next time I'll probably park somewhere and Uber in..no matter where I'm at VS parking garages and parking lots..

SO looks like Safelite and adjuster are coming down tomorrow to inspect my unlocked vehicle while I'm working.. Safelite's calling me in the morning to confirm and make sure they have OEM glass (if not I'll just have to wait), and the adjuster was telling me the insurance is gonna pick up everything, everything from the door chips to the dashboard and seat scratches will probably all be brand new according to him... so that'll be much longer without the vehicle and more chaos, but if all is true should be almost brand new again... Guess we'll see how this all goes. Maybe it'll be done in time for Christmas...

Also, question about Safelite and auto glass in general. Is there any way to tell if it's OEM or third party glass?

Thanks for the support guys.

OP
OP
NY Andrew

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
This may change, but the “On your side glass service” who was handling the claim and got the ball rolling with Safelite, said “zero dollar deductible”. Not sure how or why or if it’s even true yet, but don’t really wanna question it further yet hah.

Sweet thanks for that glass explanation. Wasn’t aware of that. I’ll be looking for it.

Hopefully today’s the day! No ones called me yet, but should be a few more hours.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca