Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2/4 vs 3/5.

Discussion in 'Lowered' started by Sgtgoody, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Sgtgoody

Sgtgoody Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7l Cummins
    I am trying to decide between the 2. I dont want this thing scraping speed bumps. So I don't want to go lower. I am going with the djw setup.

2. Graygoose

Graygoose Indecisive Car Owner Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Convert, for now.
    Engine:
    small
    2/4 then.

3. Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster No Truck Gang

Ram Year:
    was 2005
    Engine:
    was 5.7 Hemi
    Pretty sure you won't have anything to fear like that until you go below 4/6. IMO, get the 3/5 and yeet your stock rear bump stocks. You'll have the same space between axle and frame with that as you would between axle and bump stops with just a rear drop shackle; and that's 4"

3/5 is kinda the silver class drop. You don't NEED to do extra stuff like C-notching or buy higher-end extra-low drop shocks and stuff, but you could. If you want a relatively no fuss drop, get the 2/4 using spindles on the front and shock extenders on the rear. Lets you keep stock shocks. Just be sure to trim or remove your rear axle bump-stops either way.

4. CorDog009

CorDog009 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I did 2/3 on my 05 4wd. It turned out to be pretty level. 2" McGaughy's spindles (knuckles) and 3" leaf springs. I had shackles on the rear but when I decided to lower the front I threw the stock shackles back on. Truck is on a slight decline in my driveway so it looks a little lower in the rear than it is.

truck.jpg