2000 Toyota Echo transmission fluid change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As usual, the quick oil change place recommended multiple other things/fluids to be changed...

I have heard that it actually hurts to change transmission fluid, but I am not sure when it is necessary or not. The car has 125,000 miles on it, but does not give me any problems while driving...

So, to change or not to change?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, 22 years and never changed. WOW, we used to say when U get in there (trans), U end up dislodging gunk and f u b a r trans. Now other side say, change it and after cleaned out, new filter, proper fluid. On a RAM forum, and want advice on a Toyoka, lol :Big Laugh:. Got a friend, has a 2005 Corolla, over 300,000 on it. About 10K ago, he serviced tranny (5 speed), well other week broke down. He took to a famous tranny shop "A" not wanna put name, he found a trans and had shipped to them. Well, installed, but I think computer not flashed, or improper trans, because engine running 4500 rpm at 70 mph, ( to me I think Overdrive not working), something not right, yet ". He took to Toyota for diagnosis and they said it was geared different (sounds like a bunch of hooey as they were trying to sell a whole bunch of other stuff). SO TBH, this be yer decision, as yer wallet, just a saying.

Got a dipstick? Did U pull it, look at consistency, look burned, smell burned? All signs of hmmmmmmmmm.