2003 Dodge Ram 2500 No gear indicator light (Halo) for Reverse, Drive, 2 or 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royce Grass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 ST 4x4 with a 5.9 SO Cummins, has I believe a 47RE trans. No programer (may have had a programer at one time the only reason I say this is there is a hole in the bezel and has the A pillar gauges ( boost, egt and trans temp). It has a Performance Diesel fuel pump, aftermarket fuel filters, a egr delete and a 4 inch lift kit (at least I think it's 4 inches haven't had the time to document everything yet) bought it a week ago.
So here is my issue I took it to a car wash that did the underspray and my gear indicator light (Halo) that is supposed to go around which gear I'm in, only works in Park or Neutral. When this happens I have no OD and no cruise. 3 days later it started to work right. Then it rained and hasn't worked since I've checked all the under hood connectors and made sure to dialectric grease them all and replace the trs just in case. Also noticed if I leave the key in the on position all the indicators work as the should but if I put the key in the run position only the P and N get the halos. Ican also shift it without the brake being applied when this condition is present. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix? Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Royce Grass

Royce Grass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it fixed was a broken wire in the wiring harness

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk