2003 Ram 2500 Seat Recliner Not Secure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kutlass69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I am new here. I just joined this forum today in search of possible fixes for the driver seat back in my truck.

The problem is, that the recline lever on my driver's seat works fine, the cable is NOT broken (knock on wood). The seat will lock into any reclined position, but will NOT secure. It slips with pressure, especially when I begin to accelerate from a stop. My seats are full leather, full electric in the Laramie option. I've had the truck since new. Dodge is quite proud of their service fees, so I would like to try and fix this myself. I am mechanically inclined.

I've searched the 3d Gen forum about 9 pages deep and found threads on seats, but nothing on my particular recline problem. I've also searched YouTube and only found a couple videos on replacing the cable - again - not the problem I have.

Any ideas are deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance, DEH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried looking at where it latches and seeing if its fully engaging...? It might be gummed up and dirty and not allowing it to fully seat. Just a thought.