2004 1500 5.7 - replace stock headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechMechanik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am really struggling trying to find information.
I recently bought an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. It's my first truck, it's a beater, but I love it!

The headers, I believe, need to be replaced but I am having trouble trying to find the best (read: cheapest) set that will bolt to stock. I am not looking to trick out the truck, I paid 4k for it :)
I just want to keep it running for another 100k (it's at 180k now).

I have locking bolts (Stage 8) and a good gasket (Fel-Pro MS 97083).

Can someone point me to the correct set of headers that will be easy-ish to install?

OP
OP
TechMechanik

TechMechanik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock please.
It appears that I want to be getting exhaust manifolds, not headers...

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Beware of the cheapo's, your looking at $500+ for a set that's not going to give you troubles. Your probably better off milling the oe's if funds are in short supply, thats the rout i'm taking, eventually.

OP
OP
TechMechanik

TechMechanik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funds are good, it’s just that I am confused. Some shorty headers come with what appear to be extra flanges. I am not up for any welding.

I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra performance and sound, it’s really about making the install as easy as possible (barring sheared bolts).

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hit my manifolds with a belt sander over a year ago when I replaced the bolts and gaskets. I used felpro for both and haven't had a problem since. I did retorq them after 100 miles.My rear bolts were snapped off flush with the heads.