2005 Dodge Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marco1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an issue that l was wondering if anyone else has or would know how to correct. First start of the day is no problem. If I restart within 5 minutes also no problem.when I restart 10 minutes later it will be difficult to start without pumping the gas while holding the key. It will remain difficult to start until it has sat for 8 or more hours then will start fine. Does run well while running but does idle a little slow sometimes. Will give me po302 if I hold key without feathering the gas pedal. So far I changed all spark plugs,yes all 16. Then I removed and cleaned throttle body,replaced number two coil and it still has this problem. Oh and I ran a injector cleaner through it. Any body have any thoughts on this.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't had this issue with my 04 Hemi but have had similar issues as you describe with heat soak of the fuel injectors......insulating them made issue go away.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try running a couple of bottles of "Techron" through it on your next couple of fill ups? All I know is injectors need to be maintained with a cleaner before they get clogged or they can build up varnish.