2007 Dodge ram 1500 Toe in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alhntr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I have a 2007 Ram with 4.7 L engine. Recently I got new tires. Before that I replaced the tie rods. After tires were installed they did a front end alignment. The after toe in is left .18 degree and right also at .18 degree. After first 3000 mile I notice wear on outside edge of tire on both front tires the same. Went in for rotation and the guy did a quick check of ball joints, they are fine. He said it could be some other steering components. I'm like ok what. Sheet says toe in should be between .16 to .21. So good there. Seems like a toe in thing to me because of the exact wear on both front tires. No expert here Any thoughts.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok I have a 2007 Ram with 4.7 L engine. Recently I got new tires. Before that I replaced the tie rods. After tires were installed they did a front end alignment. The after toe in is left .18 degree and right also at .18 degree. After first 3000 mile I notice wear on outside edge of tire on both front tires the same. Went in for rotation and the guy did a quick check of ball joints, they are fine. He said it could be some other steering components. I'm like ok what. Sheet says toe in should be between .16 to .21. So good there. Seems like a toe in thing to me because of the exact wear on both front tires. No expert here Any thoughts.
In my "professional" opinion your toe on each side is too high and the total toe is high. I don't like to set the trucks that high when performing alignments and I do them all the time. I like to keep the toe on each side below .05 and below .08 for total toe to prevent radical tire wear.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
@Fast69Mopar is showing good instincts. There are a couple other questions that might be appropriate to address and those are whether the tires are the same size/series as the original tires and whether the truck customarily carries a load that wasn't in it at the time the alignment was done.

OP
OP
A

alhntr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Original factory tire size 275 60 20. Unloaded mostly 99% of the time.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
OK, toe-in and/or excessive camber are the culprits. Place your hand flat across the tread of the tire and slide it lightly across the tread, from the inside toward the outside shoulder. Then slide it lightly back toward the inside shoulder. If the issue involves toe-in, the edges of the tread will feel sharp in one direction and smooth in the other. If the tread feels smooth in both directions, the issue is excessive camber.