2007 Water Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2007 5.7 4x4 Quad Cab and I need to replace the water pump. I watched a couple YouTube videos but wanted to ask here if there was any tips or advice or any other links to help change this out. Appreciate any help.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
not too bad.about the hardest part was getting the fan off.i tried w/o spanner wrench at first.reccomend having one of those unless you can knock it loose with an air chisle.other than that just keep track where the bolts go,there are a few different sizes.any questions,give a shout.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
also just noticed that was your first post.let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

OP
OP
B

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the water pump changed. The truck had been sitting for a little while prior to changing the water pump. I went to top it off with gas, on the way to get gas I noticed the truck seemed sluggish, didn’t really feel like it had any power? After I got gas I got on the gas some, more than I did going to the gas station so I could check everything out, and my check engine light flashed but never came on. Got home popped the hood no leaks everything seems fine to my eyes. Took it up the road again and on the way back got into it and that’s when my light flashed and stayed on, again being sluggish. Any ideas as to why?

OP
OP
B

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have a code reader. My check engine light flashed 10 times before it came on?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
how long did the truck sit before you did the water pump and how did it run before the water pump went?

OP
OP
B

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ran great. Sat almost 3 months. Went and got the code ran. P0301 misfiring on cylinder 1. Guy said either bad spark plugs or a bad cylinder?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
try swapping coil w/another and see if code follows.pull the plugs and ck. em out.most common would be coil.also 3 mo. is just about as long gas can sit before it starts to go bad.

OP
OP
B

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
try swapping coil w/another and see if code follows.pull the plugs and ck. em out.most common would be coil.also 3 mo. is just about as long gas can sit before it starts to go bad.

If the gas is bad what is recommended?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
i would ck. spark first(coil,plugs,connections at plugs and elec. connection on coil

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me just state that I hope you used a Mopar pump.

And check that connection on the #1 coil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you had that little bit of gas and filled the tank with fresh gas that should be fine as far as having bad gas, but like srv1 said, swap coils and see if the code comes back as a misfire on whichever cylinder you swapped the coil from #1 to.

OP
OP
B

BamaRam022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the swap and it was the ignition coil. Got a new one and all is well.