2008 abs traction control bas lights won’t go away. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xssv

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 quad cab
Engine
Ive replaced all four abs/speed sensors, checked them for ohm resistance, and double checked them. Still can’t get the lights to go off. The cruise actually works part of the time, but not all the time.

I bought this truck after it was ditched in the snow and three of the sensors had the wires pulled from them. I replaced everything with new.

I’m starting to lose my mind, lol.

Any ideas? Do I need to have the dealer reset the dash codes?

Any help is appreciated.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Ive replaced all four abs/speed sensors, checked them for ohm resistance, and double checked them. Still can’t get the lights to go off. The cruise actually works part of the time, but not all the time.

I bought this truck after it was ditched in the snow and three of the sensors had the wires pulled from them. I replaced everything with new.

I’m starting to lose my mind, lol.

Any ideas? Do I need to have the dealer reset the dash codes?

Any help is appreciated.
This answer is a tad late but eh oh well

Definitely get the ABS codes cleared. If the lights come back on, then go from there. If they stay off for a good while, you're probably all set. Last thing ya wanna do is spend money on parts that don't really need replacing lol

I couldn't tell ya what it takes to reset ABS codes though--I think they're a bit different than clearing engine codes. Might be the reason its been sticking around on your truck

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I fought the speed sensors enough for me to yank the 40 amp fuse and throw a piece of tape over the light.
Eventually I'll get around to some hubs.