2008 ram 1500 center axle disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurt2938

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, I'm new to here. I have an issue and am having a hard time find a resolution through google and whatnot, so I'm asking for some advice on here. My 4x4 wouldn't engage, so I figured that the front axle actuator was shot. I was replacing the actuator and realized that the axle disconnect collar (#7) is seized onto the intermediate shaft (#10). I was wondering what you would have to do to get that freed up and what replacement parts would be necessary to buy. Thanks for any help.axle.png

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never seen one seize to be honest you must have water in your diff oil or something.. so not sure how you would get it un stuck without tearing it all down. The most common issue for 4x4 not working is the motor on the tcase unless you have the floor shifter.

OP
OP
K

kurt2938

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would make sense. With all the questionable things that have been done to this truck by a previous owner, it wouldnt surprise me that water got into the CAD housing. There were metal shavings in the CAD housing as well, so it leads me to think that maybe even the splines on the collar/ intermediate shafts are stripped as well. The diff itself seems to spin freely without any noise or resistance when its lifted off the ground, so that is good news, right? Haha