Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to beat an old thread to death, but my issue is a little unique. My truck will engage into 4wd even though the light flashes. I can confirm this by when I turn sharp once it’s engaged. Sometimes the flashing 4wd light stays lit and the service 4wd light goes off and other time it does not. The weird thing is though even when the 4wd light is solid and stay lit, under heavy acceleration and rough dirt roads it will cause it to start flashing again. What could be causing this?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you checked for codes ?

OP
OP
K

Kenny Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, no codes ever come up with my code reader. Very aggravating, wish it would have a code, and it wound narrow the problem down. I’ve found that when I’m parked, and in neutral, my 4low will usually engage and stay lit, and I can switch to 4high, and it will stay lit, just will flash when I accelerate fast, or on a rough road

OP
OP
K

Kenny Greene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May have found the problem, when I engage the 4wd and if the light keeps flashing, I can tap on the front axel disconnecter actuator and it will stay solid. Guess there is something wrong with the actuator. It does however still engage and lock the axel, but guess there is some kind of sensor or some kind of signal that it sends that it’s engaged, that it is not sending sometimes.