2010 Dodge Ram Laramie with Alpine system back-up camera retention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wadecameron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all. Posting this as I've finished my aftermarket head unit install (Atoto A6) and couldn't find any resources to help retain the factory backup camera with my configuration.

The one thread I found showed you can splice in an RCA cable on the passenger side of the dash but my dash shroud seemed to be larger and there was no harness available where it showed.

My factory radio had three wiring harnesses (one for the radio power/speakers, one for rear video/backup camera, and a third smaller 8pin one I'm unsure of).

On the white video harness there are two wires (dark green/brown and dark green/orange (looks kind of red) the DKGN/BRN is inside wire (positive) DKGN/ORG is outside wire (negative).

My PAC RP4-CH11 has a solid green wire (labeled NAV group) that connects to the backup camera toggle wire on the aftermarket radio. No need to splice in to reverse wire under the steering column or anywhere else.

Video harness with the correct wires circled:
ram video harness wires.jpg

Hope this helps someone :)

ram wiring harnesses.jpg