2011 battery drain with IOD fuse pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWakeford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, I’ve been dealing with a parasite drain on my Laramie for close to 2 years now. I don’t drive the truck every day.
I replaced the alternator, battery (2 now) and put a switch on my U-Connect which I turn off when I park the truck ( it was drawing 3.14 amps when the truck was off) I did some research and replaced the TIPM thinking it was the fuel pump relay but, the problem didn’t go away. My mechanic had it for a week, and said all was good except possibly the battery (hence the 2nd one). I continued pulling the IOD fuse and putting a charger on the battery when I parked it. The battery stays charged when the charger is on it, but even with the IOD fuse pulled, without the charger, it will die in 3-4 days.
To help narrow down the problem, does anyone know what circuits stay live when the IOD fuse is pulled? I’d appreciate any help. Thanks.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi everyone, I’ve been dealing with a parasite drain on my Laramie for close to 2 years now. I don’t drive the truck every day.
I replaced the alternator, battery (2 now) and put a switch on my U-Connect which I turn off when I park the truck ( it was drawing 3.14 amps when the truck was off) I did some research and replaced the TIPM thinking it was the fuel pump relay but, the problem didn’t go away. My mechanic had it for a week, and said all was good except possibly the battery (hence the 2nd one). I continued pulling the IOD fuse and putting a charger on the battery when I parked it. The battery stays charged when the charger is on it, but even with the IOD fuse pulled, without the charger, it will die in 3-4 days.
To help narrow down the problem, does anyone know what circuits stay live when the IOD fuse is pulled? I’d appreciate any help. Thanks.
Why don't you perform a parasitic draw test? Get your DVOM connected for the test and have an assistant monitor the voltage on the display. Then, start disconnecting modules and other suspect power sources. You will find which module or parts that are causing the parasitic draw.