2011 budget-runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi there, i have been working on my truck for just about a year now (on and off, busy life) and now that ive been driving it... i kinda hate it ‍... the suspension is all over the place and im not really sure why.
I re did the front end with jba upper control arms and i got a set of fox 2.0 in the front that i got used and had rebuilt. The problems are the truck sat a half inch lower on the driver side when the shocks had the same pre load settings (gas tank was almost empty) and when you go over a dip in the road it felt like the back end was wiggling side to side. So I leveled out the front and it seemed like the truck was going over dips and bumps just fine....went over a big one and then it felt like the truck was bouncing around from 1 corner to the next. I've hit these same bumps or dips in over
Ther vehicles and they act normal. Idk If I forgot how the truck drove and it's always don't this or if this is new fron suspension changes. Do I have the front to tight? (It is set so it's slightly higher in the front, I also have fox 2.0 ifp's in the rear) I feel as of the truck isn't balanced and Is almost not really stable or safe on the highway. Any advice is appreciated!20220807_223954.jpg20211204_143253.jpg

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Is the upper control arm marked right or R, one the passenger side? Thar pic looks odd, almost like the UCA is on the wrong side?

OP
OP
Alex Lagimodiere

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the upper control arm marked right or R, one the passenger side? Thar pic looks odd, almost like the UCA is on the wrong side?
I was kinda thinking the same but I have been reassured that it's the right way, and they weren't marked as I also got those used

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Not sure what else it would be in that case. Other parts with issues?

Did your alignment guy have any issues? Can the previous owner send you the instructions?

OP
OP
Alex Lagimodiere

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what else it would be in that case. Other parts with issues?

Did your alignment guy have any issues? Can the previous owner send you the instructions?
No but the alignment seems off. I might get in contact with the company that rebuilt them. They were kind of a pain to deal with that's why I came here and where I live we don't have any offroad shops that will play around with this stuff.

SB12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What have you done to the rear? The back end wiggle sounds like "body yaw" caused by your rear track bar being at too steep of an angle so as the suspension compresses your rear end essentially shifts to the side.

This is from Carli's website:
"Lifting the rear of your truck puts the factory rear track bar at an extreme angle that introduces a peculiar phenomenon of “body yaw” posed by the front and rear track bars swinging in opposite directions. Crafted from 3/16″ Cold Rolled Steel and expertly welded, the rear track bar drop bolts onto the factory mount and includes new hardware. This vital component will relocate the track bar within factory spec and eliminate the exaggerated body shift. "

https://carlisuspension.com/product...s/dodge-2014-1500-rear-trackbar-drop-bracket/

Keep us updated as you figure this out.

OP
OP
Alex Lagimodiere

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What have you done to the rear? The back end wiggle sounds like "body yaw" caused by your rear track bar being at too steep of an angle so as the suspension compresses your rear end essentially shifts to the side.

This is from Carli's website:
"Lifting the rear of your truck puts the factory rear track bar at an extreme angle that introduces a peculiar phenomenon of “body yaw” posed by the front and rear track bars swinging in opposite directions. Crafted from 3/16″ Cold Rolled Steel and expertly welded, the rear track bar drop bolts onto the factory mount and includes new hardware. This vital component will relocate the track bar within factory spec and eliminate the exaggerated body shift. "

https://carlisuspension.com/product...s/dodge-2014-1500-rear-trackbar-drop-bracket/

Keep us updated as you figure this out.

All I have done to back is replaced the shocks with fox 2.0 shocks.
I'm starting to think that the camper shell is causing the back to Sway with the weight high. The bed sides are fiberglass and the bed it self is light. I'm also thinking that with the front slightly higher then the back it's transfered to much weight to the back and not helping my situation.

I have been looking into the Carli stuff. And now I'm looking at Tauren fabs king coilovers and shocks but close to 5g Canadian I having a hard time with spending that much haha.

OP
OP
Alex Lagimodiere

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant post a video but all my rear control arm bushings and track bar bushings have play in them. You can slide them on the bolt from side to side in the brackets. I'm assuming that will cause some of my issues in the the rear.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My 11 before I sold it, ran an ARE camper shell and was rock solid. I had bilstein 5100s on it and leveled. Never changed control arms.

Those arms do look backwards. Post up your alignment output paper.

OP
OP
Alex Lagimodiere

Alex Lagimodiere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont even have the papers haha. The front alignment is I think still slightly out. I watched the video right from jba offroad and it shows then also the same way. But it wasn't a tech from there own company tho.

I have bought all the rear bars and track bar just getting them powder coated and hopefully have them on soon

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
#1 - you shouldn't be able to move anything in the rear at all when they're mounted up and torqued to spec. Make sure the control arms are oriented the correct direction as there is a frame and axle specific side. Not sure if bushing width is different between the two but I'll bet the farm thats your issue. Vulcanized clevite bushings should have no play anywhere, ever.

#2 for the love of god you're not running those wheel spacers are you?