Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramiro Pando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a bit frustrated at the moment. I recently ordered a Clock Spring for my 2011 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn because my air bag light came on a few weeks ago and my steering wheel controls quit working, to include the horn and cruise control. When I received the part I noticed that the part number was incorrect by one digit. I received P/N: 68050845AB which is for a 2012 RAM 1500, when the part that I needed was P/N: 68050846AB (2009-2012 RAM 1500). I just now emailed the retailer that I bought the part from (moparamerica.com) and noticed that their policy on returning electronic components was no return. Has anyone encountered a similar issue before? What other solutions could this community offer? Please help!!

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
If they sent you the wrong item, they would pretty much have to take the return, since they never really sent you the item you paid for.

Call them up - state clearly that you ordered part #X, but they sent part #Y, and that you have not installed the item, but need to return it.

Thing is, they didn't fulfill their end of the sales contract (because they sent you the wrong item). Also...

"In addition to retailers being required to accept the return of defective items, federal law provides a "Cooling-Off Rule " giving buyers three days to cancel purchases of $25 or more. Under this rule, the right to cancel for a full refund extends until midnight of the third business day after the sale. The rule applies to sales at the buyer's home or workplace, at facilities rented by the seller on a temporary basis, or at locations otherwise away from the seller's normal retail location." : https://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/customer-returns-and-refund-laws-by-state.html

(note that each state is different - the link up there spells out any additional rights you have).

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Might wanna check ... I believe there is a recall for that ... Might be able to get it fixed for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk