2012 1500 Steering Wheel Swap - What years work for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchySumo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm new here. If so, please direct me and I'll delete this posting.

I have a 2012 1500 Express. I want to buy a leather steering wheel to replace the OEM rubber one with. What years work as a direct replacement? I've read where folks say the 2012 year Rams only accept a 2012 steering wheel.

I do not want to make any modifications aside from swapping the replacement wheel in.

THANK YOU for your help!

Update 1/5/23: I added a photo of my current wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpg
    IMG_5530.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Please post a pic of your steering wheel. 4th gen stuff mostly swaps across trim levels and years, but I'm not sure about the pre-facelift years (09-12). As an example, I swapped a wheel from a 2016 Limited 2500 into a 2015 Tradesman. It was a little extra work for me because I had to swap buttons since the 2500 didn't have the +/- shift buttons. At worst you'll need a wheel from an 09-12 Laramie if you want a leather wheel.

OP
OP
T

TwitchySumo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please post a pic of your steering wheel. 4th gen stuff mostly swaps across trim levels and years, but I'm not sure about the pre-facelift years (09-12). As an example, I swapped a wheel from a 2016 Limited 2500 into a 2015 Tradesman. It was a little extra work for me because I had to swap buttons since the 2500 didn't have the +/- shift buttons. At worst you'll need a wheel from an 09-12 Laramie if you want a leather wheel.
I added a photo to the original posting. As you can see in the photo, my current wheel doesn't have all the extra buttons. I am just wanting the leather wheel with the buttons I currently have working (i dont need anything extra.) Thanks for your reply!