2012 Factory Brake Controller Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dabush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 1500 with tow package and no brake controller. I'm looking at installing a factory brake controller since I have both connectors under my dash for the factory controller. Below is where I'm looking to purchase from.
2009-2013 Mopar RAM INTEGRATED BRAKE CONTROLLER
My question is currently my EVIC displays brake controller options so would I need to have my computer flashed or can I just plug and pull?
Also on this site it shows two different controllers a 2009-2011 and 2012-2013. Is there a difference in those controllers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting about the year options. I would call them to discuss before ordering. For 2013+ the controller is on the right near the gear selector knob; totally different than the 2012. (they must mean a late 2012 or super early 2013 build??)
As for working with the EVIC yes you'll need a dealer to flash the code. The controller will work by itself, you just won't be able to ajust w/evic.
Good luck!

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you already see brake controller options in the evic it may already be flashed for it. Before I had mine flashed there was nothing in the evic about the brake controller

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yeah, I say get the right controller and plug it up. If it works with the EVIC then you are good to go. If not then a quick trip to the dealer will get you fixed up.

OP
OP
D

dabush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good call. I will definitely give them a call before the buy. I also thought that if it's displayed in the evic then it may already be programmed. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dabush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a update with the orginal question above. So I had to bring my truck to the dealership since my brake lights were sticking on. (Lucky someone from work was following me and noticed.The dealership repeated the issue and fixed the next day. A sticky brake switch at the peddle.) Long story short I noticed after I got my truck back the brake controller options were missing. I scheduled a appointment for them to check the truck and informed them I have bought a brake controller and would like them to add the option back. This week will be interesting. They stated there was no notes that they removed the brake controller but lets see how this turns out. Someone removed it. FYI the 2013 was a typo for the brake controller at the web site above.Should be 2012 only.