Can Bus Commands to Change OEM Brake Controller Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadskidmore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2016 3500 with the factory OEM brake controller. Recently I upgraded the 8.4 Uconnect to an aftermarket radio. Radio is great, everything works, with one exception. On my model the only place to change the configuration for the four memory positions for trailers was in the Uconnect Settings app. I had thought it was also exposed on the Evic but cannot find it anywhere. I have the EZ-Lynk tuner as well as Alpha OBD and was hoping that someone would know what the commands are for changing from Memory 1 to Memory 2 etc. I have found all kinds of references to how to add the OEM brake controller and enable it but nothing that details out how to manipulate it via the Can Bus. Hoping someone here has some info.

Thank in advance,
chad

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my '16, I only see that the memory settings are on the OEM 8.4 radio display. Don't see them on the EVIC.

OP
OP
C

chadskidmore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yep, that's what I found as well. Hoping someone will know the CanBus commands that I can send via my tuner to trigger switching back and forth. Fortunately the setting it is on is the one for my 5th Wheel Toyhauler rather than my small utility trailer. I should be able to turn the gain waaaaay down and be ok with the smaller trailer. I did really like the tracking of tow miles that it does when you use the memory settings properly though.