2012 Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irdz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Howdy everyone,

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 SLT and I'm trying to figure out which bulbs will be the best in increasing the brightness. I'm having too much trouble seeing with the basic bulbs. What are some options I have on improving this.

Appreciate any help I can get on this as I'm not sure what to even begin looking for.

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What type do you have now? Duals or Quads?
dual.jpeg
^^^ Duals
Quad.jpeg
^^^ Quads

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Depending on how much you spend on upgrading you could just put some brighter halogen bulbs in or upgrade to the Quads.
Halogen bulb upgrades would be something like Sylvania SilverStar Ultras (or ZXEs), Phillips Crystal Vision, etc. Not sure if there is any good LEDs for duals.
As for upgrading to Quads, you would need to an app called AlfaOBD to change the BCM for Quad operation, there is individual High and Low Beam bulbs. This would also open up more possibilities for aftermarket headlights including projectors with HID lighting.
With the Quad option there is more choices with the bulbs, both halogen and LEDs. You can run a combination of the two, I run Sylvania ZXEs in my lows and LEDs in the highs in a set of Alpharex projector headlights. https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-lighting/ram-truck-2009-2018/
I might upgrade to a set of Luxx series which have built in LEDs.

OP
OP
I

Irdz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Depending on how much you spend on upgrading you could just put some brighter halogen bulbs in or upgrade to the Quads.
Halogen bulb upgrades would be something like Sylvania SilverStar Ultras (or ZXEs), Phillips Crystal Vision, etc. Not sure if there is any good LEDs for duals.
As for upgrading to Quads, you would need to an app called AlfaOBD to change the BCM for Quad operation, there is individual High and Low Beam bulbs. This would also open up more possibilities for aftermarket headlights including projectors with HID lighting.
With the Quad option there is more choices with the bulbs, both halogen and LEDs. You can run a combination of the two, I run Sylvania ZXEs in my lows and LEDs in the highs in a set of Alpharex projector headlights. https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-lighting/ram-truck-2009-2018/
I might upgrade to a set of Luxx series which have built in LEDs.

Does anyone know of any LED options for duals? That was an option I wasn't sure was available but if any has any suggestions.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
For quads, Fahren H11 lows and 9005 highs.
Plug'n'play, no errors, fit under the dust caps.
Clock the chips at 3 & 9.

For duals Fahren H13/9008 dual LEDs.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Does anyone know of any LED options for duals? That was an option I wasn't sure was available but if any has any suggestions.

Morimoto 2 strokes are a good drop in replacement Nd have a good beam pattern.

I would recommend the Alpharex pro headlight and put in a 5500k hid kit from morimoto.