2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn Oil filter Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big-gun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I am getting the cursed oil pressure code continuous, everything is leading to bad oil and oil filter,
religiously changed oil, Currently have a valvoline filter on it, recently picked up fram and baldwin equivalent,
however those filters look to large in diameter, was there a filter housing changeup ?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oil pressure sensor is common to be bad , have you changed it out ? Remove it and tee the fitting so you can also run a mechanical gauge in cab. This will remove wondering what it may really be running .

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:biggun: :party36: :welcome: :party36: The 5.7L HEMI is very susceptible to serious engine problems, where oil pressure and coolant temperature is concerned. Because of it I run an additional oil pressure and coolant temperature gauges in my 07' Quad Cab truck.

2 (2).JPGIMG_1440.JPG

OP
OP
B

big-gun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, Update Cleaned & reoiled air filter (been running cold air intake since new) replaced PCV and cam position sensor plus spun a new Valvoline oil filter on it, Drove it around for a bit, No engine codes came on.