2012 ram 1500 radio & dash issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B4DR4M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 ram 1500 with the 4.7, I noticed one day while driving my radio shut off on its own. In the time it was turning back on, the dash lights started flickering and then the radio would shut off again. It would do it roughly 2 or 3 times and then it’ll go back to normal. Has anyone ran into a similar issue like this? Or what would be a good starting point to check. I also have a aftermarket double dinnradio is that makes a difference on the issue

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would start behind the radio. Check your wiring harness. Sound as if something is loose or being pinched.

hal9000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your ignition switch. They get flaky and the internal contacts get dirty just like old non-electronic switches. The key in my 12 got worn enough that it allowed extra movement that made the problem even worse. And the truck would shut off if the keychain jiggled too much.... Some electrical contact cleaner and a new key case may be enough to solve your issue if you're lucky.