2012 speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuylbs18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey there! I’m looking to upgrade the speakers on my ram. I have the stock system with the touchscreen uconnect unit. Just looking for better sound but not sure which direction to go in. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Should I replace all the speakers or just the front ones? I def want to add a subwoofer as well.
Thank you! -Brittany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you have the Alpine system or any other kind of upgraded system in the truck or just the usual 6 speaker system? Do you have a budget for what you want to spend? I just spent $2000 to upgrade my Alpine system but that was 2 amps, a DSP, 6 speakers, and a sub and box.

OP
OP
tuylbs18

tuylbs18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don’t have the alpine system. That would be an upgrade compared to the quality speakers I currently have.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you want to amplify the speakers as well to help them sound even better? I went with JL Audio C2-690tx 6x9 3 way speakers in the 4 doors and replaced my front tweeters with JL Audio C2 tweeters, and installed a JL Audio RD400/4 amp to power the speakers. I also had them install a JL Audio 500/1 amp and an Alpine S 10” dual voice coil sub in a sealed box to replace the stock Alpine sub. If you want, I have a Kenwood Mono D amp that is 300 watts rms that has always been reliable for me that I can sell you? You can PM me for that as I’m selling it cheap as I no longer need it.

OP
OP
tuylbs18

tuylbs18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes! Amplify and sound better.
I don’t know how to DM on here lol. Can you message me cause I’ll totally buy that from you!

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sent you a DM with pictures. That amp will work great for a single sub. Several companies make sub boxes for under our back seats. I only have a single sub and it sounds great to me. Although, I’m not trying to blast myself out the door with bass either.

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you have the Uconnect system. Most likely you have a factory amplifier. I would upgrade your speakers . The dash speakers are 3.5 all the door speakers are 6x9s. Even though the door speakers are 6x9s you can fit 6.5s in with a small adapter. Once you replace the speakers if they sound good and want more. I would invest in a DSP so you can add your own amplifiers and sub.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk