2012 Uconnect voice not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ngs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uconnect voice not working on my 2012 with the 730N HRH.
When I press the Phone or Voice Command buttons I don't get an audio response. The screen will blink and an apostrophe will display on the screen. It seems like it is following the command, like switching to the NAV or Phone screen but I don't get a prompt for available commands.
Audio does work with the NAV app for giving directions and Radio for music, just not commands.
I just installed the newest map update and the included radio update but it didn't fix the issue.
From what I've read it seems like the Uconnect module is the culprit. But if the 730N RHR unit has the Uconnect module incorporated into it, can it be replaced or do I have to replace the whole radio?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

OP
OP
N

ngs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still trying to figure this out. One thing that I noticed is that on the System Information / Software page, it shows SDS: N/A.
Where SDS stands for "Speech Diagnostics System". When other people have shared a picture of their Software screen. SDS: had a numeric value.
Could this be my problem? I reset my radio to factory defaults and that didn't fix it.
I read on a MyGig website that SDS:N/A could indicate a bad hard drive.
Does anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• 20220516_082802.jpg
    20220516_082802.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 4

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
My RHRs mic and phone and hard drive work ( about 1000 songs on it ) and my SDS has a number .

SCARECROW860

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my hands free doesn't work either in my 2012.
If i hit the button it pops up a screen saying no phone available.. sometimes its just a little popup window, sometimes its the full screen..
I ran a self test on the HFM in AlfaOBD (just picked it up yesterday, this being one of the bigger reasons) and it didn't find any faults.. I was hoping I'd find something and be able to reset/fix it.. no luck though.