2013 2500 DELETE KIT....HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wester425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have searched the threads and am seeing if I can get some help. I am wanting to delete my 2013 and am confusing myself with all of the different options. I am coming from a 5.7L 1500 to the Cummins as of 2 days ago. ANY help would be appreciated!!!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on your Cummins purchase. Time to update your forum profile and siggy!

I fully deleted my 2017 last year after numerous codes and being stranded by the side of the road twice due to regen failures. None of the dealers I took it too could stop the codes and all they could do was reset it, sending me down the road. The truck had 5714 miles on it when it went into the shop.

I deleted the DPF system, the EGR cooler, the throttle valve and the associated cans that make up the exhaust/regeneration system. My intent was to:

1. Stop the codes and limp mode occurences.
2. Open up the intake and exhaust.
3. Keep sooty exhaust out of the CTD.
4. Add a tuning package to manage the mods.
5. Protect the transmission from case cracking.
6. Remove the shudder/stutter at WOT as it shifts from 3rd to 4th.
7. Eliminate error codes.

Here's the mod list:

Delete & Tune mods

Edge CTS-2 Insight monitor with Cummins unlock
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge CSP4 tune package by PPEI / Kory Willis
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge transmission tuning
Cummins tuning switch CSP4
EGR valve and cooler removal with block off plate
Throttle valve delete
Edge expandable EGT probe kit
Pillar pod mount for Edge CTS2

Transmission mods

BD Diesel 68RFE valve body plate kit
Mag Hytec deep transmission pan
ATS 68RFE transmission case support brace

Exhaust Upgrade

FloPro 4“ cat & DPF cannister delete pipe
4” – 6” black exhaust tip with rolled edge
Corsa 8004002 4” muffler – placed just behind the down pipe

I also have an S&B cold air intake on the truck which I added right after I bought it.

Take a look at the list and if you have any questions about anything on the list, what it does, etc... just post 'em up or PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Edge CTS 2 monitor in A-pillar pod

070117%2023_zps9lvdrn9e.jpg

Exhaust work

20170729_093409_zps2shsem7t.jpg

Tip

070117%2004_zpsijjzhc2t.jpg

Exhaust cannisters

070117%2024_zps7vgzgfse.jpg

EGR delete plate (top left), throttle valve delete (lower right)

070117%2007_zpst2yqm2r4.jpg

Here's a pic of the engine right side where the EGR cooler was

070117%2009_zpsq6ekxj0q.jpg

Stock EGR cooler

_1276167017.jpg

I've been trying to figure out what to put in this gauge spot...

070117%2021_zps088yarvs.jpg

Results after the mods:

1. Better fuel economy - I was getting 14 in town and around 19 - 20 highway at 65 mph, post delete I am getting 16 - 17 in town (if I keep my foot out of it :D), 22 - 24 highway depending on ambient temperatures & how much hilly terrain I travel through.

2. More power - I have the option of 4 tunes using the CSP 4 switch. It's a small rotary knob that was mounted on the lower dash panel to the left of the steering wheel. Tune 1 gives me about 30/30 HP/TQ, Tune 2 gives me about 60/35, Tune 3 gives me about 100/55 and I'm not sure about Tune 4 because all the shop would say is that it's the "Oh CRAP!!!" tune...and it truly is. You don't want to have traction control off and be in Tune 4 from a dead stop or slow roll... Tune 1 is nice but almost the same as stock. Tune 2 is nice for towing, Tune 3 is a street tune and where I run the truck most of the time. Tune 4 will light up the rears even with T/C on if you get on it WOT from a slow roll.

3. Rolling coal - None of the tunes roll so much coal that you get those huge black clouds behind you. Tunes 3 & 4 do produce a visible cloud, though. I've used Tune 4 to roll coal on some drivers who've cut me off and as soon as I can get up next to them, I let 'em have it. Bonus - some of them have had their driver's side window down... ;

4. Monitoring Engine Operations - With the CTS monitor and EGT probe I know exactly what's going on with the engine. That monitor gauge package is configurable so I pick and choose what I want to keep an eye on. I've done a bit of tweaking from the initial setup shown above.

5. Sound - I love the sound of a modified exhaust. I've listened to several, including FloPro and an open 5". I ran mine open for a while but then installed a Magnaflow. Nope...hated it. Went with the Corsa dB series 4" muffler and am very happy with it. For me, the open exhaust just beats up my ears. My neighbor has a 2015 Tradesman CTD with 5" open exhaust and he loves it. Now I no longer need an alarm clock. :)

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good info, bud. I'll have to see how that would work in mine.

I don't use the fuel filter status gauge in my cluster. I just keep track of mileage usage and change it accordingly.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
are you running the exhaust with or without a muffler??

5. Sound - I love the sound of a modified exhaust. I've listened to several, including FloPro and an open 5". I ran mine open for a while but then installed a Magnaflow. Nope...hated it. Went with the Corsa dB series 4" muffler and am very happy with it. For me, the open exhaust just beats up my ears. My neighbor has a 2015 Tradesman CTD with 5" open exhaust and he loves it. Now I no longer need an alarm clock. :)

OP
OP
wester425

wester425

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
one thing I cannot find info on is the length of the exhaust...I have a crew with the long bed. surely this matters??

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
one thing I cannot find info on is the length of the exhaust...I have a crew with the long bed. surely this matters??

Size does matter. Any good exhaust shop can fab up any additional length you may need.

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on your Cummins purchase. Time to update your forum profile and siggy!

I fully deleted my 2017 last year after numerous codes and being stranded by the side of the road twice due to regen failures. None of the dealers I took it too could stop the codes and all they could do was reset it, sending me down the road. The truck had 5714 miles on it when it went into the shop.

I deleted the DPF system, the EGR cooler, the throttle valve and the associated cans that make up the exhaust/regeneration system. My intent was to:

1. Stop the codes and limp mode occurences.
2. Open up the intake and exhaust.
3. Keep sooty exhaust out of the CTD.
4. Add a tuning package to manage the mods.
5. Protect the transmission from case cracking.
6. Remove the shudder/stutter at WOT as it shifts from 3rd to 4th.
7. Eliminate error codes.

Here's the mod list:

Delete & Tune mods

Edge CTS-2 Insight monitor with Cummins unlock
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge CSP4 tune package by PPEI / Kory Willis
13 – 17 EFI Live Dodge transmission tuning
Cummins tuning switch CSP4
EGR valve and cooler removal with block off plate
Throttle valve delete
Edge expandable EGT probe kit
Pillar pod mount for Edge CTS2

Transmission mods

BD Diesel 68RFE valve body plate kit
Mag Hytec deep transmission pan
ATS 68RFE transmission case support brace

Exhaust Upgrade

FloPro 4“ cat & DPF cannister delete pipe
4” – 6” black exhaust tip with rolled edge
Corsa 8004002 4” muffler – placed just behind the down pipe

I also have an S&B cold air intake on the truck which I added right after I bought it.

Take a look at the list and if you have any questions about anything on the list, what it does, etc... just post 'em up or PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Edge CTS 2 monitor in A-pillar pod

070117%2023_zps9lvdrn9e.jpg

Exhaust work

20170729_093409_zps2shsem7t.jpg

Tip

070117%2004_zpsijjzhc2t.jpg

Exhaust cannisters

070117%2024_zps7vgzgfse.jpg

EGR delete plate (top left), throttle valve delete (lower right)

070117%2007_zpst2yqm2r4.jpg

Here's a pic of the engine right side where the EGR cooler was

070117%2009_zpsq6ekxj0q.jpg

Stock EGR cooler

_1276167017.jpg

I've been trying to figure out what to put in this gauge spot...

070117%2021_zps088yarvs.jpg

Results after the mods:

1. Better fuel economy - I was getting 14 in town and around 19 - 20 highway at 65 mph, post delete I am getting 16 - 17 in town (if I keep my foot out of it :D), 22 - 24 highway depending on ambient temperatures & how much hilly terrain I travel through.

2. More power - I have the option of 4 tunes using the CSP 4 switch. It's a small rotary knob that was mounted on the lower dash panel to the left of the steering wheel. Tune 1 gives me about 30/30 HP/TQ, Tune 2 gives me about 60/35, Tune 3 gives me about 100/55 and I'm not sure about Tune 4 because all the shop would say is that it's the "Oh CRAP!!!" tune...and it truly is. You don't want to have traction control off and be in Tune 4 from a dead stop or slow roll... Tune 1 is nice but almost the same as stock. Tune 2 is nice for towing, Tune 3 is a street tune and where I run the truck most of the time. Tune 4 will light up the rears even with T/C on if you get on it WOT from a slow roll.

3. Rolling coal - None of the tunes roll so much coal that you get those huge black clouds behind you. Tunes 3 & 4 do produce a visible cloud, though. I've used Tune 4 to roll coal on some drivers who've cut me off and as soon as I can get up next to them, I let 'em have it. Bonus - some of them have had their driver's side window down... ;

4. Monitoring Engine Operations - With the CTS monitor and EGT probe I know exactly what's going on with the engine. That monitor gauge package is configurable so I pick and choose what I want to keep an eye on. I've done a bit of tweaking from the initial setup shown above.

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mad dog , do you get a back pressure alarm at start up ? Compressor outlet temp alarm if you get on it ? I did the same as you, do not have the knob to change tunes, leave it on street , I drive conservative , this is my least truck , the egr probe goes in the back manifold plate ? Not worried about tip breaking off ? Where does it connect ? I put the steering brace and dual steering dampeners, can you explain the transmission mods you did ? Thanks for any help. I have a 2015, with 70,000 , 4x4. Cctradesman , have air bags for fifth wheel, 3:42 rear , anti slip rear , it was a snow plow edition bought in Colorado , love the shifter on the floor , don’t trust all the electronic stuff, thanks again

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am not getting any alarms with mine. What tune package did you use? Do you have a programmable monitor, such as the Edge unit, to set alarm values?

My EGT probe is mounted on the exhaust manifold, pre-turbo. The connection consists of the thermocouple probe in the manifold and sensor wiring via the supplied harness to the Edge modules. There is a good install manual on the Edge website.

The transmission mods were done to avoid "shudder" between shifts from 3rd to 4th cause by trans fluid blowby past the valve body. This blowby in the case causes wild line pressure variations that can cause the transmission to shake and cause a case failure. The valve body plate kit from BD Diesel reduces fluid blowby thereby reducing the line pressure variations. The ATS case brace is a two piece girdle that physically attaches to the transmission. You connect the two pieces to the case, tighten the bolts, then draw the two halves of the brace together, placing the case under tension and eliminating most of the stress the case is under during those line pressure variations.

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks , i will check into the tranny mods. Yes, i changed the settings for alarms, so its all good , i am very happy with the delete and the edge display and all the info it provides. Thanks for the reply !!