2013 RAM 1500 Losing power after Warm up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xomilin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi guys, I'm running into an issues for the past few days where I'll crank my truck up and let it idle and warm up for around 15-20 minutes in the morning before work. Water temp is good, Oil temp isnt too bad and even trans gets a little radiated heat into it. The problem is after taking off I'll drive about 1500ft at approx 10-15mph and then turn onto a busier road and accelerate but with a very smooth throttle (Feels like 20-30% thottle) at that point it bogs down multiple times. It acts as though its going to shift and rpms drop the truck does not cut off though, after driving for about 10 minutes more the hesitation goes away.

This has happened twice in one day, Morning and then mid day after letting the truck sit for half the day

Additional Info:
2013 Ram 1500 - 5.7 HEMI 6 Speed Automatic 160k miles (5400 engine hours) 4x4 3.92 4in Lift 35in Tires No Tunes
(trans fluid+filter replaced by dealer at approx 75k)
(Plugs changed 3k miles ago Originally had misfire on Cyl 3 due to bad seating of coil. Have since fixed that and no engine codes thrown in last 500 miles)
(Corrected Speedo for tires)
Stock everywhere else.

TLDR - Truck warms up, hesitates and drops rpm feels like shift point but does not shift.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apples and oranges probably but my SIL had an 2002 ext cab 4x4 360 ci that acted the same way. I ended up changing the upstream 02 sensor and curing it.You really need to have some live readings of when it happens with a scan tool.

OP
OP
X

Xomilin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Apples and oranges probably but my SIL had an 2002 ext cab 4x4 360 ci that acted the same way. I ended up changing the upstream 02 sensor and curing it.You really need to have some live readings of when it happens with a scan tool.

Okay thanks for the info, I'll try and log it on my scanner app tomorrow.