2013 Uconnect surround sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I am having problems turning off the "surround sound" on the alpine stereo with the uconnect access system. There is an screen soft key in the audio settings to turn it off (I think it sounds much better off), when I turn it off I hear it change but when I leave the settings screen it turns right back on. Any thoughts???

squiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried changing this setting on mine yet. I will go out and try and report back.

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Asked the dealership today, they have no clue about the new Uconnect system. Said it will likely take a software update. If anyone else does or doesn't have this issue let me know! Thanks.

squiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn't get back to you before. Mine does the same thing. I can't hear a huge difference between the two though but no, it doesn't save the setting when I change it to off.

I've noticed as well that when streaming music via bluetooth, it will periodically disconnect and say I need to connect my phone. I go back into the Bluetooth settings and hit connect and I'm back in business.

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Thanks, glad I'm not the only one. Seems there are still a few bugs in this new system. My Bluetooth will disconnect sometimes too. Every once in awhile when driving I get a message in the EVIC that says "memory system not available", no idea what that is coming from.

squiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about your automatic high beams? I've noticed mine don't work if I leave them on, turn the vehicle off and back on again. I have to reset them by switching them off and back on again before they'll work.

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
How about your automatic high beams? I've noticed mine don't work if I leave them on, turn the vehicle off and back on again. I have to reset them by switching them off and back on again before they'll work.

I'll give it a try, haven't noticed that yet.

Gtsum27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did u ever find out the issue with the surround sound? I turned mine off as well as it sounds better IMO, and it changes it back to on every time???

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Did u ever find out the issue with the surround sound? I turned mine off as well as it sounds better IMO, and it changes it back to on every time???

Nope, asked the dealer again and they said will have to wait for a software update. Who knows when.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
depends where your driving. Sometimes the sensor will still recieve light and shut them off in dark areas. I have had them shut off when my high beams have reflected off some large street signs also...I am still amazed how they shut down when they sense taillights at a long distance