2014 1500 3.6L 4x4 P0456 & P0457

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tegspeed813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6VVT
Details: 2014 Ram 1500 3.6L Bighorn 4x4 crewcab 112k miles

About 3 months ago the gas cap light came on and about 2 weeks later the check engine light came on. Codes P0456 & P0457. I replaced the gas cap with an aftermarket one, reset the codes and they both came back on. Drive ability has not been affected. I was at the dealer getting an oil change last week and had them run a diagnostic on it. I didn't have the time for them to fix it but I got a formal quote and it says oem gas cap $25.72, detector(ESIM) $38.26 and vapor canister $8.75. + 2hr labor, supplies, taxes, etc..
I am guessing that the vapor canister at $8.75 is just the seal. So being a little mechanically inclined I am venturing in to this myself. Usually I find some great how to videos but i am not on replacing these.

I have already purchased the esim, seal and oem gas cap. Any advice? or tips? or videos of people replacing their own ESIM(evaporate system integrity module)?

OR was I dumb for buying the parts and should just take it back to them? lol
Thanks in advance!

Headcase

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Flex
How’d it go with your repair???

My CEL just came on as well. Literally this morning. Mine might have to do with messing with the door wiring connections tinting my windows. Sounds crazy I know but the only other thing I’ve done is put in a new one airbcleaner 2 weeks ago and I’m running a full tank of mid-grade gas now after coming off of a tank of E85. Never has given me problems. Runs great either way! Did get the cruise control recall thing handled. Everything is working and it runs fine gas cap is tight, not to mention new...

I have 2300 miles on my 2018 3.6L 4x4 BigH CC to date. What the heck? Going to see if any codes are stored. Message center has no messages yet.
Can’t figure out what it may be.

Forgot to mention, I love my truck.
Semper Fi