2014 2500 Ram Tire Pressure Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
When i got up this morning it was 22F..front tire pressure was at 64psi and rears were at 70psi..no tire pressure light on

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok good my old ford work truck would go off if the tires dropped below 75 or 55 in the front...just as long as i dont have to run 80 all around that makes for a rough ride

Thanks again man you always have answers to the questions im too lazy to research myself lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

prox120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you guys were right. The service manager told me he could adjust the alarm when I made the service appointment. Today I went in for my 3000 mile service and they told me that they could not lower the TPS Alarm. So my Alarm fronts are set at 60 and the rears at 80. Looks like I will have to look at the light and reset the alarm a lot...

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
A bit confused.
Exactly what minimum pressure do the alarms stay off in front and in rear?
Has anyone progressed this issue through Chrysler?

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm gonna wear out the button on my steering wheel.
I run 55 front and 45 rear.
I don't give a crap what the computer or the government thinks. It rides great and my tires wear great at those pressures.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm gonna wear out the button on my steering wheel.
I run 55 front and 45 rear.
I don't give a crap what the computer or the government thinks. It rides great and my tires wear great at those pressures.

I think I'm going to go down to 55 front 50 rear from 55 front and rear. The rears still aren't 100% on the road even at 50 psi...

ramforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Has anyone complained to Chrysler (not dealer) about this?

I asked my dealer service manager today and he told me "No one has complained about it - It works just like it was designed to do."

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone complained to Chrysler (not dealer) about this?

I asked my dealer service manager today and he told me "No one has complained about it - It works just like it was designed to do."

That is the standard Chrysler line. Operating as designed. I complained about it to their live chat but I doubt it will do any good.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
I think it is time to begin complaining directly to Ram about this... I am chatting with a gal about it as I type this...

Ram Trucks - Contact Us

at the bottom of the page is a chat or email section...

let the voices be heard...

Mentioning that it is a safety hazard for you and your family seemed to spark some interest...

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

I have a hard time believing that the techs cannot access and change that threshold with their service computers. This is a programming function in the ECM (or which ever cm they are using to control the dash now). ANY programmed function can be altered. All the computer is looking for is a certain signal level from the wheel sending units. It is absolutely insane to manufacturer a truck that is capable of off road use where tire pressures in certain conditions need to be lowered to 1/2 to 3/4 of rated tire pressure and have that stupid alarm going off. It is silly that a tuner can't change this setting.
What this kind of draconian regulation does is cause people to create a false sending unit that will give a good signal regardless of what is actually happening with the tire, defeating the entire system. Hey Chrysler and gov it isn't me I need protection from...it's YOU!
sorry for the rant.

preachp

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think it is time to begin complaining directly to Ram about this... I am chatting with a gal about it as I type this...

Ram Trucks - Contact Us

at the bottom of the page is a chat or email section...

let the voices be heard...

Mentioning that it is a safety hazard for you and your family seemed to spark some interest...

I mentioned it as a safety hazard in winter driving and the person said that the tires have to be run at those pressures to be safe. It was seriously lime talking to a wall. The next person I talked to understood and showed some compasion but he pretty much said our complaining would pretty much help the next model year trucks and not the 14's or 15's.

Hi All,

I have a hard time believing that the techs cannot access and change that threshold with their service computers. This is a programming function in the ECM (or which ever cm they are using to control the dash now). ANY programmed function can be altered. All the computer is looking for is a certain signal level from the wheel sending units. It is absolutely insane to manufacturer a truck that is capable of off road use where tire pressures in certain conditions need to be lowered to 1/2 to 3/4 of rated tire pressure and have that stupid alarm going off. It is silly that a tuner can't change this setting.
What this kind of draconian regulation does is cause people to create a false sending unit that will give a good signal regardless of what is actually happening with the tire, defeating the entire system. Hey Chrysler and gov it isn't me I need protection from...it's YOU!
sorry for the rant.

preachp

I have yet to see a single person change it and make any difference. Chrysler will allow the thresholds to be changed but that doesn't shut the alarm off, it will keep flashing away and tell you to inflate to whatever pressure you had them set at, the alarm stays on though.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mentioned it as a safety hazard in winter driving and the person said that the tires have to be run at those pressures to be safe. It was seriously lime talking to a wall. The next person I talked to understood and showed some compasion but he pretty much said our complaining would pretty much help the next model year trucks and not the 14's or 15's.

I have yet to see a single person change it and make any difference. Chrysler will allow the thresholds to be changed but that doesn't shut the alarm off, it will keep flashing away and tell you to inflate to whatever pressure you had them set at, the alarm stays on though.

Yep...that's exactly what I was told when I called the stark dealer.....I found out that if I air them up to 80 in the rear the lite on the dash quits. Then I lowered the rear to 66 and the front down to 54....no light and it rides better than 80.....good grief this is a pain.....everyone needs to call Chrysler and complain!!!! Ugh:favorites13:

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I contacted Chrysler and complained.

The response was that I should not try to alter the parameters engineered into the truck as it may cause an unsafe condition....what the he!! ???????????????

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

The response was that I should not try to alter the parameters engineered into the truck as it may cause an unsafe condition....what the he!! ???????????????

Yep, exactly what I was told.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Typical boiler-plate legalese straight outta the in-house attorneys office.