2014 5.7 Hemi PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just found out my PCM is going bad, Can it be reset or do I replace it. I also want to know if getting a replacement like Diablo would increase performance. Any suggestions welcomed

Semper Fi

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The 14's don't need an unlocked PCM to be tuned,so a dealer replacement PCM is all you need.The 15+ trucks require an unlocked PCM to be tuned,so there's no gain for 14 by buying a pcm from Diablo.You need a tuner though to tune your 14.By having a 14 you save a bunch money,as your stock pcm is tune-able by either Diablo or HP.If you want tranny tuning,you'll have to step up to the more expensive HP tuning platform,as Diablo doesn't support the tranny in a 14

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a reman or new PCM.when you purchase a new or reman PCM it has to be flashed, at the dealer, with your truck's info and VIN so that it will operate properly.

The Diablosport tool is a tuner that is a separate component you use to upload a tune to the PCM.

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so i am stuck buying from the dealer and paying them to flash it instead of me just putting it in correct?

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that don't have mine in stock but will have in a week, thanks, the dealer isn't getting a grand on this guy awesome

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you out of warranty?

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yes, I bought a 100,000 mile and the truck had 5000 on it. when i went in i was just over 100,000. they said sorry your not covered even though i was told i was

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gary,

I finally got the PCM from the company link you sent me and put it in the truck, Prior to me getting the PCM I started and finally lost power and my truck went into creep mode doing maybe 5 miles an hour and the dash indicated I needed to service the electronic throttle control. I was hoping this was all due to the PCM but I was wrong. I put in the PCM and fired her up great for maybe 10 seconds and she died. now she just cranks no fire so i guess I need to replace the electronic throttle control now

Thanks for your lead on the PCM and any advice on this issue.

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
PCM was bad and sent it back. They are sending another one. I also had the lightning bolt come up showing the ETC needed to be worked on. Do you think I should just replace the ETC to avoid further delays getting back on the road? I called the dealer and they gave me hell for not bringing it in so they could charge me an arm and a leg to do what I have done for less than 400 bucks. They told me the existing ETC has to be reprogrammed to forget not working.

FCA Master

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The PCM needs to learn the ETC parameters to function properly. A good aftermarket scan tool should be capable of doing this.

OP
OP
G

Gunny97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok thanks, when i get the PCM before i run the motor i will scan first and close out any codes. I have had the battery off so i dont expect any

theWillis2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 14's don't need an unlocked PCM to be tuned,so a dealer replacement PCM is all you need.The 15+ trucks require an unlocked PCM to be tuned,so there's no gain for 14 by buying a pcm from Diablo.You need a tuner though to tune your 14.By having a 14 you save a bunch money,as your stock pcm is tune-able by either Diablo or HP.If you want tranny tuning,you'll have to step up to the more expensive HP tuning platform,as Diablo doesn't support the tranny in a 14
Which model HP? I am pretty confused. Need tranny tuning on 2014 8 speed. Thanks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Last edited: