2014 RAM 1500 11" lift with 38's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
Nice truck. I like the color choice. You ever thought about getting rid of the billboards?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398909333.397297.jpg

Gives you idea of what it would look like. I think it looks cleaner with decals off. What type of flares are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI , 3.92 , 8 speed
Thanks for the compliments! I appreciate it. I also appreciate all input given on this project. I do plan to get it atleast a little dusty. I am one who can not stand buying something if I can not use it. For example here is my 09 with a bit of dust......
image_zps7c4585a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Esgordon123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
That looks like it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The flares are Smitty Bilt "Pocket Style". I like the clean look. I also seen one with the "HEMI" part put on the hood after taken off of the fender. I have a idea for the graphics on this one also. I am hoping to have that finished up in the next few weeks along with the 41s getting here and mounted (If the wife permits). I am working on getting the 50" curved LED light bar and So CAL mount right now and I have the M1 grill in. I have some work to do on it to keep me busy until the rest arrives though.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Obviously ones running their mouth. "Pic or didn't happen" "pic or ****"... Blah blah... No one asked for your ******** remarks but I did ask for advice and opinions on any parts being used. So now how about helpful info or **** my post.....

You must be new here. It's a joke we've thrown around here for years. Read through the forum and you'll see it countless times on build threads and introductions. No one is jealous, trust me.
Nice rig btw, love where you're going with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I am new as I mentioned in the original post. I have some graphics that should be going on it this week and hope to finish it up other than the LED light and tonneau cover that is on the way.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you intending on re-gearing? What rear end gear do you have?

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This truck came with 3.92s from factory. I think I will stick with them and 38s for now. There is no rubbing at this point but going to wait for doing 41's.

I will be installing graphics, grill, light bar, and exhaust this weekend. Should be tint after that and tonneau cover.

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That truck is SICK, one of the best on this forum IMO! I can't wait to see it when you're completely finished, and I really wish I could see it in person!

Would you mind sharing what kind of mpg you are seeing now? Obviously nobody puts that big of a lift and tires on a truck if they're concerned about fuel economy, I am just curious. I see it has the 5.7 with 3.92's, is it a 6 or 8 speed?

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HAYBALE,

I work in Southern Oklahoma, in a little town called Wynnewood. I will more than likely be bringing it down next week. I seen you are in North Texas. It might be a chance to see it.

The gas mileage is not showing correct yet due to the tire change. It has been showing around 13.5-14MPG. I have the 8 speed tranny.

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would be cool! I've never been in Wynnewood , but I know where it is, I used to drive to Sulphur and Pauls Valley every day for work.

Thanks for the mpg numbers, even if they aren't accurate! I just like to see what the lifted trucks are getting whenever I can, so I have an idea of what to expect when/if I lift mine. I only avg 11-12 right now with a level and 32x12 Trail Grapplers. Of course that's mostly due to my short daily commute, I can get 15-16 on the highway.

pohnjarker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
None
That would be cool! I've never been in Wynnewood , but I know where it is, I used to drive to Sulphur and Pauls Valley every day for work.

used to live in Pauls Valley when i was a kid, loved it out there. im sure its changed in the past 20 years though.

OP
OP
C

cbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the 09 Ram that I posted with 33" mud grapplers at one time and with those Pro Comp 35s and It stayed around 13.5 with both sets. That was with a 5.7, 6 speed, and I think 3.73 gears. They was factory and did not mess with it much. I think once the damage is done (bigger tires) it causes the fuel management system to stay off most the time so it will have the large dive regaurdless of 33-38. I do not think there will be a big difference in that range.

As far as Pauls Valley and Wynnewood goes for changing..... I think EVERYTHING is still the same!... lol They are both old towns for the most part.

haybale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think once the damage is done (bigger tires) it causes the fuel management system to stay off most the time so it will have the large dive regaurdless of 33-38. I do not think there will be a big difference in that range.

Yeah, that's pretty much the impression that I have been getting lately, Which is good. Guess I'd better break the bad news to the wife... She has a hard time getting in the truck as it sits now, much less with a 4-6" lift and 35's (at least that's what I'm thinking). I really appreciate the info!!!

Pauls Valley is a cool little town for sure! I really like everything between Purcell, and Turner Falls. I just hated driving up 35 through that area after winter storms, it was like reverse speed bumps every 10 feet