2014 Ram 1500 Fobik question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medicman91681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My fobik has worked flawless but last week I noticed none of the buttons were responding. Unlocked with the slide out key. The fobik will still start the truck. Replaced the battery and no luck. My wife’s key fobik works fine with no issues. Has anyone else had this type of issues? I took it back apart and cleaned all of the contacts and verified the small dome connectors were still in good shape. I also found a video on YouTube on how to “simulate” the button push and still not responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Will it start the truck? There is a chance it unpaired itself to the truck, we’ve seen that happen before.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 2014. One of my keys did the same thing. I also did the same as you by cleaning and new battery but no luck.
So my thinking was that it came unpaired. Ugh!! I have 4 keys for my truck. 2 with remote start. 2 standard. I need to gather them all and get them repaired.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, I've had this happen and was able to fix it.

There are small contacts glued to the underside of the rubber button pad, they rest over the copper contacts on the circuit board when assembled.

On mine, these little circular contacts had broke free from the rubber.

I pulled them out, cleaned everything and super glued the little contact cups back onto the rubber.

OP
OP
medicman91681

medicman91681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will it start the truck? There is a chance it unpaired itself to the truck, we’ve seen that happen before.

Yes the truck will start it just will not lock/unlock or activate the panic function

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk