Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElliotEcodiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've been having Electrical issues with my 2014 Ecodiesel. Started with the lock button not working on the driver's side door. Not a big deal, buttons wear out. Then my Uconnect would go completely haywire after connecting a call on Bluetooth. Ok Weird. I'd turn the bluetooth off on my phone and back on and that seemed to fix it. Then randomly the volume and seek buttons on my steering wheel stopped working and finally my uconnect and dash lights would refuse to turn off even after I took out the key and opened the door. This drained my battery. Got AAA out and it jumped and I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it with a bad battery and dirty terminals. They charged me over $600 for a new battery and 15 minutes with a wire brush. Replacing the battery must have reset something because it was fine for a bit. Then the problems started again and it was again triggered by utilizing bluetooth for calls.

I was told none of these things were really related, buttons probably wore out, the bluetooth couldn't be causing this etc etc. Took it in again and low and behold they said there was a code issue in the uconnect software that was causing a mechanical short. Restarting the Unconnect seemed to solve that issue but replacing the entire infotainment system was the only way to really solve the problem. Parts were backordered 6 weeks. Well no thanks. Problems all but disappeared for about 3 weeks when I stupidly answered a call from my sister. And literally every single problem was back and my battery was so dead it had to be towed into the dealership.

It has now been there for two days and the BCM is suspected (unsure of if the BCM was causing the unconnect malfunction or if the uconnect malfunction caused the BCM to fail). Dealership is now calling around because this part has NO ETA ON WHEN IT WILL BE MANUFACTURED AGAIN. I'm not sure if they discontinued making it, but dealership is calling other dealerships around the country to see if they will part with a BCM.

If they can't find one what are my options? I've been looking myself and every time I think I've found one its out of stock.

Is this the end of my truck?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been having Electrical issues with my 2014 Ecodiesel. Started with the lock button not working on the driver's side door. Not a big deal, buttons wear out. Then my Uconnect would go completely haywire after connecting a call on Bluetooth. Ok Weird. I'd turn the bluetooth off on my phone and back on and that seemed to fix it. Then randomly the volume and seek buttons on my steering wheel stopped working and finally my uconnect and dash lights would refuse to turn off even after I took out the key and opened the door. This drained my battery. Got AAA out and it jumped and I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed it with a bad battery and dirty terminals. They charged me over $600 for a new battery and 15 minutes with a wire brush. Replacing the battery must have reset something because it was fine for a bit. Then the problems started again and it was again triggered by utilizing bluetooth for calls.

I was told none of these things were really related, buttons probably wore out, the bluetooth couldn't be causing this etc etc. Took it in again and low and behold they said there was a code issue in the uconnect software that was causing a mechanical short. Restarting the Unconnect seemed to solve that issue but replacing the entire infotainment system was the only way to really solve the problem. Parts were backordered 6 weeks. Well no thanks. Problems all but disappeared for about 3 weeks when I stupidly answered a call from my sister. And literally every single problem was back and my battery was so dead it had to be towed into the dealership.

It has now been there for two days and the BCM is suspected (unsure of if the BCM was causing the unconnect malfunction or if the uconnect malfunction caused the BCM to fail). Dealership is now calling around because this part has NO ETA ON WHEN IT WILL BE MANUFACTURED AGAIN. I'm not sure if they discontinued making it, but dealership is calling other dealerships around the country to see if they will part with a BCM.

If they can't find one what are my options? I've been looking myself and every time I think I've found one its out of stock.

Is this the end of my truck?
You can get one at a salvage yard and program it with a tool like AlfaOBD if it doesn't already match you vehicle configuration.