2014 ram remote start alfaobd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gray goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello everyone. I have 2014 ram 1500. I enabled remote Start with the alfaobd. As soon as I tested it it threw the hood ajar warning. My question is what all do I need as far as wiring goes? Do I need just the latch with the hood ajar sensor or is there more harnesses I need to buy? Thanks in advance

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Most trucks just need the hood latch installed, some however don't have the wiring all the way back to the BCM.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got lucky in my 2013 when I activated my remote start, wiring was 100% there already.

I installed the ajar switched hood latch, ordered the correct fob, programmed it with alfaobd, changed the settings in the bcm for remote start with alfaobd, and had factory remote start.

Boosted Motorsports has some great videos on how to program the keys and activate remote start with alfaobd.

Check to see if there's a connector near the hood latch. If you do, there's a good chance the wiring is there already. And if you do have it, check the connector for corrosion. They just leave it dangling there with no cover or anything. Mine was so corroded I had to replace the entire connector/pigtail.