2015 Hemi 8spd mouse electrical damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreatNorthRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all new here. My wifes daily 15 Sport was the victim of a hungry mouse 2 nights ago. Wife went to go work, service electronic throttle control on dash with CEL solid then flashing. She shut it down once she saw the CEL flashing. I scan the truck its got a P0300 Random misfire and P0201 through P0208 all 8 injectors, injector circuit malfunction. There is no other codes nothing for the electronic throttle. So pop the hood find a mouse nest ontop of injector 5 and there is injector 5s wires chewed clean through. Of coarse chewed at the connector, so head to a u pull and grab a connector off a wrecked 4th gen. Cut back into harness till i find no chew marks connect my new connector plug it in same thing. Unplug inj 5 connector clear codes and start truck. 2 codes P0204 and P0205. Head over to 4 and it chewed through the ground, power un touched. It was a bit up from connector so I bared wires and twisted together for testing. Now only inj 5 P0205. No electronic throttle code or missfire (only running truck for 30 sec to 1 min). There is a good chance that the power and ground for injector 5 were touching. I checked injector and coil reads same ohms as other cylinders. Plug in cylinder 5 and all 8 injector codes come back and a P0300 again. Also Service electronic throttle control back on dash. With 5 unplugged it has light miss but runs nice otherwise. Plug in 5 and miss gets heavy and wonders not a steady miss like unplugged. My thought is either the common 12V for the injectors is shared with the throttlebody and something is shorting it out. I'm really hoping its not numer 5 inj driver in the ecm but i think it might have got fried. Or there are more chewed wires behind the intake. Any one have a schematic or even just a ecm pinnout? Yet to see if I have power to to inj 5 or continuity to ground I need to grab my test leads from work to get to those inj connector pins