2015 ram 1500 , no cat, advise to quit it down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first thread, new to Ram. Have ha every other truck out there, but finally now in the Ram wheelhouse.

So, here is my question, I have the 5.7 and when I bought it the cats we already removed, yes the rumble is sweet and it sounds like a charger running down the road. I love the sound, but..... now I’m traveling more and needing be on the phone all the time driving and it gets too loud at certain speeds while driving down the interstate. Have an 8mspeed tranny that wants to shift all the time doesn’t help...

I don’t want to add a cat back, what other option are here to quiet down the tones but to make it too quiet?

Thanks

unctucker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
first thread, new to Ram. Have ha every other truck out there, but finally now in the Ram wheelhouse.

So, here is my question, I have the 5.7 and when I bought it the cats we already removed, yes the rumble is sweet and it sounds like a charger running down the road. I love the sound, but..... now I’m traveling more and needing be on the phone all the time driving and it gets too loud at certain speeds while driving down the interstate. Have an 8mspeed tranny that wants to shift all the time doesn’t help...

I don’t want to add a cat back, what other option are here to quiet down the tones but to make it too quiet?

Thanks
I would add a Magnaflow tube style muffler.
You can search there website for the length you want. You would be using it as a resonator which would keep the drone down inside the cab.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What he said, some type of resonator, these trucks come factory with a muffler and a resonator per pipe

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Add 3-inch straight-thru muffler ahead of existing muffler.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem. Removed my resonators and cats, and sounds like cheap glasspacks when you rev it up and let off the gas on decel, cracks and pops. Sounds like complete ass. I am going to try installing resonators...if that doesn't work, im going to add a bullet muffler in front of my 14" magnaflow.

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had good luck with vibrant resonators, I’ve used them on multiple trucks and cars to quiet them down. I had 2 of them on my turbo Tacoma, that damn truck was loud!

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the rest of the exhaust stock? Keeping catalytic converters is recommend not only for legal reasons, but also because they act as a muffler to prevent rasp and maintain the trucks deep tone. We have a few options for replacement cats that won't break the bank. Let us know if you'd like some more info about them!