2016 Ram 1500 Gear Shift Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blmurphy00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DOHC 5.7 Hemi
New here! I have a 2016 5.7L Hemi Ram, and earlier today as I was driving my truck it had jumped, then the engine light came on then said “Shift P then to desired gear” as the engine revved and slowly moved. A few seconds and it runs normal again but the check engine stayed on. Well as I’m trying to head home, when I put it into reverse it starts chattering really bad for about a minute then stopped and now my reverse shows the “Shift” message and now will not work. Every other gear still works but Drive struggles. Does anyone know what’s going on??

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are going to have to scan the truck with a scanner that can read trans codes stop driving it until you do that as you will cause more damage. How many miles on your truck? and have you ever had the trans fluid changed?

OP
OP
B

Blmurphy00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DOHC 5.7 Hemi
Hey, so I have roughly 155,000 miles on the truck, I’ve had the truck since January and I have not had one done since, and I had a reading test done a little bit ago that shows the code P1D90