2017 Cargo Camera Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The dealer had a Brandmotion cargo camera installed on my truck since it didn’t come with the cargo camera. I’m on my 5th light from them because the led’s keep going out. I am wanting to put in the factory camera. I understand that M2 Mods makes the harness and I am wanting to talk to them about it. Can you contact me about the harness or making a harness that will go from the factory cargo camera to the brandmotion wiring since it is all ready in place?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The dealer had a Brandmotion cargo camera installed on my truck since it didn’t come with the cargo camera. I’m on my 5th light from them because the led’s keep going out. I am wanting to put in the factory camera. I understand that M2 Mods makes the harness and I am wanting to talk to them about it. Can you contact me about the harness or making a harness that will go from the factory cargo camera to the brandmotion wiring since it is all ready in place?

Hi Brian,

What year, model, trim, and cab config is your truck?

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did the dealer activate the cargo cam input on your radio already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brian A

Brian A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When the after market company put it in I believe there is a video switcher if I hold the arrow keys on the steering wheel I can turn on the cargo camera or the tailgate camera then when I put it in reverse there is a hidden toggle switch to select which camera displays on the screen.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I see. Typically the harness I make will plug into the actual cargo cam input on the radio. You can then use alfaobd to activate the input or you can have the dealer add the sales code to you vin. Either way you would get an actual cargo cam button on your radio.

OP
OP
Brian A

Brian A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok is the end an Audio video plug or is it a special plug I think if it is just an AV plug I can use the existing wiring or if you have the plug that plugs into the factory cargo camera I may be able to splice it in to the brandmotion wiring at the cargo camera and just add the cargo camera brake light

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It’s three pins that plug into the factory location. Is there any reason you want to keep the switcher instead of just using the factory input?

OP
OP
Brian A

Brian A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just going to use it because it was all ready there and wired and I don’t mind how it works. I am just wanting the factory cargo camera and need the plug that plugs into the factory cargo camera and I would be set to go again. I think I can splice the plug into the brandmotion wiring and not have to rerun all the wires and try to figure out how to undo what they did.