2017 Ram 1500. Bilstein 5100 struts lifting front 2.5" and 1" rear spacer. Alignment/ UCA/ New tire concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRussell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
So my 2017 Ram 1500 has Bilstein 5100's in front adjusted to be 2.5" lift. Also has 1" spacer in the rear so I still have a slight rake. In the front I didn't replace anything besides the struts. UCAs are stock. Everything aligned pretty good but the angle is maxed out. I am worried new tires will effect the angle.

I am not great with geometry here. I am wanting to get new tires. I've got the stock 20" black sport wheels. With my setup what size tires can I get? I am hoping to put on 35" tires. Will my tire upgrade completely screw up the angle for the UCA leaving me at risk for a failed part or impossible to get a good alignment?

If I absolutely need to, I could probably get new UCAs put on at my buddy's shop for just the cost of parts.... once it cools down anyways. So it makes new tires a pain in the ass.

Also. I don't think it matters but also upgraded to Bilstein 5100 series in back with a 1" spacer at the same time. I wanted to keep a slight rake.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tires aren't going to affect your alignment.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be ok with just tires. Put 10bux away every month in a jar for new uca.

You happy with the 5100s?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tires don’t change the alignment a whole lot unless they are bad. Generally though if you are running over 2” lift up front it is recommended to install new UCAs that are angle correcting. They help with the alignment too so it’s not maxed out. I installed jba upper control arms which have caster in them too. Icon and a few others are good too. Just make sure they are angle correcting.