2018 Ram 2500 Knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayelee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi knocking I think I'm not sure I did a lifter replacement and relapped the valves for my hemi tick to go away now for a new noise to come up.

I have a video attached

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Didn't watch your video, but are you sure you lashed the valves properly and have good compression on all cylinders? Why did you do a lifter replacement? Did you have bad ones or just to head off the potential failure that might not happen? Did you re-use any bolts or put in all new?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like the valvetrain to me, recheck to be sure all the pushrods are seated properly.

OP
OP
R

rayelee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Didn't watch your video, but are you sure you lashed the valves properly and have good compression on all cylinders? Why did you do a lifter replacement? Did you have bad ones or just to head off the potential failure that might not happen? Did you re-use any bolts or put in all new?
I'll be doing a compression test later today and see what it is but I think its fine, I had one bad lifter making a lot of noise wasn't bad enough to damage cam, I relapped the valves do to having a intake valve not seating well. I used all new bolts