2018 Ram Switchbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DC Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having an issue with settings for front turn/running lights. Have ALPHA OBD & OBD-MX.
The switchbacks are intermittently flashing white than turning amber. Kicking fault codes.
The switchbacks have built in resistors to prevent fault codes & hyper flashing. I have stock reflector head lights. The built in LED resistors should keep me from using LED light settings.
If anyone has insight to the correct setting information please let me know.
Thanks

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm having an issue with settings for front turn/running lights. Have ALPHA OBD & OBD-MX.
The switchbacks are intermittently flashing white than turning amber. Kicking fault codes.
The switchbacks have built in resistors to prevent fault codes & hyper flashing. I have stock reflector head lights. The built in LED resistors should keep me from using LED light settings.
If anyone has insight to the correct setting information please let me know.
Thanks

Turn on the LED settings in AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
DC Tradesman

DC Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for replying. I did try the led settings for front turn & running lights no joy. I contacted the bulb manufacturer they’re sending me a newer version. They believe it will correct the problem. I’ll know in a few days.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Thanks for replying. I did try the led settings for front turn & running lights no joy. I contacted the bulb manufacturer they’re sending me a newer version. They believe it will correct the problem. I’ll know in a few days.

Your switchback harness would be the culprit next. Once you've removed the pwm function for LED's the truck should function like normal.

Since it acts up when the switchback is changing color or activation or whatever I would investigate the harness.

Got pics of what you're working with?

OP
OP
DC Tradesman

DC Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To much snow today & tomorrow to even think about fooling with it. I have a set of switchbacks W/0 built in resistors. I used a set of resistors from Amazon. Lights worked perfectly but with two fault codes. Once stock bulbs replaced faults cleared.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963